Lund Seat Repair or Replacement?

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

I have an older Lund that got a good workout last year, and a couple of the seatbacks gave out. Any recommendations on repair places or where to buy new ones? I’m in the metro but get up north regularily.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Replace, don’t repair is likely the best choice.

I got an Alumacraft from the 80’s two years ago. First time on the water I leaned back and just kept leaning back. Repair seemed to be at least the cost of replacement so I went new. I wasn’t interested in anything fancy and caught a sale from Cabela’s.

The funnier side of the story was my wife. I had wanted a boat for some time but kept telling her that they are holes in the water for money. Something is always needing help. Well, that day with the seat was the day the lightbulb came on for her. Now she tells her friends about boat problems and dollars down the hole jester

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Shop around and buy new. Lots of color combos out there, should be easy to match. Lund seats would be pretty spendy.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

The funnier side of the story was my wife. Now she tells her friends about boat problems and dollars down the hole jester

My wife has no idea….. devil Still we are together 39 years in April. waytogo

Well maybe she does?? chased

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d like to keep Lund seats in the boat, and they look to be around $200 new. So I guess I’ll do some shopping to get them fixed. Thanks.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

By placing your “about” location in your profile, it would tell us what area you’re in.

I had my Lund seats redone two years ago near Stillwater MN. They are better then new for less than 1/2 the cost of new.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

By placing your “about” location in your profile, it would tell us what area you’re in.

I had my Lund seats redone two years ago near Stillwater MN. They are better then new for less than 1/2 the cost of new.

Totally agree. I hate throwing things away when they could just be rebuilt. I used the place up in Lindstrom, they do terrific work.

If you REALLY love the logo, most marine shops will reproduce this for you as well. You also can customize, so you can get better seats than the factory offers, but they still look factory.

Grouse

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I rebuilt the seats in my 1990 Lund. Basically it involved pulling out dozens of staples, using the old rotten wood as a template to cut out a new piece, and then putting it back together again. I used 3/8th inch plywood and new 1/4 inch T-nuts. Total coast was less than $20 for the whole project.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Marine Grade Plywood… )

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thanks! I live in St. Paul currently, and just left a message w/ Powell’s.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

BK I didn’t use marine grade. The cover is an inverted vinyl bag and there was also a poly bag inside that went over the wood and the foam anyway. There isn’t a direct way to get water into it, so I went with regular construction grade plywood and saved myself a big chunk of change.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.