Lund 1975 Pro-V Handling Question

• Lakefront

I share a lot of the same water with large ski boats that create 2-3′ wakes for wake boarders. I’m looking to purchase a 2018 Lund 1975 Pro-V for some added safety & stability vs. my 19.5′ Triton bass boat. Will the Pro-V provide a bit less rocking as these ski boats go by as I am trying to fish? Can’t help but think the Pro-V’s wider beam and hull design will help. Thanks, LF

David Blais

The aluminum boats seem to stay on top of the water, instead of in the water like a fiberglass boat. You should be more stable. A wider beam will feel more stable in it self. The 1975 pro v is a incredible boat. No one will deny that. I went with the alumacraft trophy 205 to save some money

DonG

The stability of all the Lunds is incredible. You’ll do your dammdest.(is that a word) to rock that boat and won’t. They just don’t roll like others.

Lakefront

Thanks guys- my stability on the water (or off) isn’t what it used to be (62 yrs old). This was one of the main reasons why my wife agreed to a new Lund Pro-V vs. another low profile bass boat. We figured to both fish & boat out of this for a much longer time, along with being drier & safer. And no fiberglass cracks to worry about!!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

It will definitely be better but those Wake Boats will still rock a freaking barge. They’ve sent waves over the front gate of my pontoon that rolled all the way out the back door of the pontoon. I have a 1775 Pro V and try to make sure I position the boat to hit their waves straight on verses letting them him me in the side.

basseyes

My vestibular system is a little wonky, so understand the balance issue deal.

Have a 2000 2025 pro v and love the stability. It’s a very stable footprint.

It sure doesn’t ride like glass, but the stability trumps that.

Lakefront

Bzzsaw- I would agree with all the above. Have had the same thing happen to me with our pontoon. Got my fiberglass bass boat rolled into a stainless prop fishing docks last year. I appreciate your all’s confidence in my Lund investment. Plan to have this as long as I can make it down to my dock.

Lakefront

Basseyes- I would agree with the ride vs. glass too. My 1st boat was a 17′ bass tracker deep v. Lot of good memories with that boat in Canada with my wife and daughter. Stability of the pro-v will be a welcome relief- I don’t need to peel the skin off my face anymore- been there, done that!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.