Luminoodle Rope Lights

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I ordered a couple of these when they were cheap. Where do you guys that have them get batteries for them? Never seen 5 volt batteries let alone with them having a USB connectors on them. Amazon has them for like $19+. Maybe I should just return them? I wonder if a 6 volt lantern battery would fry them, anybody know? PS- anybody else having to log in a lot again lately?

Reef W

Never seen 5 volt batteries let alone with them having a USB connectors on them

USB itself is 5V, just search for “USB battery pack” and get whatever capacity you want.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Thanks Reef, I have one of those sleeves a 12 volt drill battery slides into with 2 USB’s. That will work? The most voltage a usb carries is 5 volts then? I never had a clue.

Reef W

Thanks Reef, I have one of those sleeves a 12 volt drill battery slides into with 2 USB’s. That will work?

It’s something made so you can charge USB devices off that battery? Then, yeah, should be fine

The most voltage a usb carries is 5 volts then? I never had a clue.

It’s 5V by default and if both the charger and device support USB-PD they can negotiate higher. You can plug any USB device into any charger but a modern phone in an old charger, for example, would charge slow because the charger won’t support the higher voltages.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.