lowrance power cable

• muskyman20

I recently sold my Humminbird gps off the front of my boat and i now have a lowrance to replace it with. My question is the humminbird power cable was self explanitory with just one positive/negative lead. My new lowrance however has 3 separate cables attached to the power connector. One with a black/red, one with black/red/white, and one with small colored wires? My question is where do all these wires connect and do i need them all? Thanks for any and all help.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

It should have a sticker on each bundle stating what they’re
    for.

If you just want to power the display it is the black, red,
    white, but the white is not used.

The colored wires are not used either. Tape them off.

The third bundle is to power a network which only needs to
    be done once.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Which unit are you hooking up?

muskyman20

the cable just came with the LCX-26 that i purchased but my console is already pre-wired for lowrance so i would like to use it at the bow to power up my LMS-527. Then all i need to get would be a transducer for the 527

shughes
    kasson mn.

not to be a smartass but didn’t you get a manual with the unit it would tell you what wires to use

g-no
    Minnesota

Head to the lowrance website and do a search on your unit and the power cable associated with it. They have pics that tell you exactly what the wires are and what they are for. My guess is you should only have to use two of the three wires, but it depends on how your system is set up. Good Luck!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Be careful about hooking power up to more than one unit.
    I believe if they are linked together, you only need to power one of the two units & hooking up power to both could damage the units.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Be careful about hooking power up to more than one unit.
    I believe if they are linked together, you only need to power one of the two units & hooking up power to both could damage the units.

All displays have to be powered. Powering a network multiple times may cause some problems.

The HDS line has a powerlink wire that allows multiple
    units to power up when turning on a single display.
    Separate power to each display is still required.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Thanks for clearing that up Dandorn.
    It’s been awhile since I’ve hooked one up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.