h20 will not lock in

• Jim Kissinger
    Markesan WI

i have a h20 just given to me. the problem is that it will not lock in and i cant get support from lowrance my friend used it 2x then put it on the shelf this is the color one is there anyone that may have an idea what i should try i dont think the unit is broke may be a software upgrade

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Power on the GPS by holding power and zoomin and zoom out until the US basemap shows up. This is a hard restart the will wipeout trails and waypoints. FYI.

then check software and upgrade as needed

clang
    Garrison, MN

When I got my h2o c I had the same issue. I put it outside and left it sit there searching for about 10 minutes. It finally picked a signal. I have not had any issues with it since. Going on 4 years to use in the winter and it works great. Probably Not the great response you are looking for but it worked for me. You can also scroll through the pages and check If it is picking up any satellites. I have noticed the farther away I turn it on from the spot I last turned it off the longer the signal takes to lock in. Just my 2 cents take or leave it.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Mine did the same thing. Reset did not work I just threw it in the trash after I called lowrance and they told me how much it would be to fix it. Common issue with these units.

mike ice

Mine did the same thing years ago. you could try what Calvin said. I did a hard and soft reset and it was still messed up. I can’t remeber what I actually did to get it working again. I know it took a long time before I got working again and has worked fine since. Sorry I wasn’t more help. Keep pushing buttons. good luck

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I sometimes find it helps to have the page up that shows your satelite signal strength. Also picking or telling the GPS your location helps. Being mobile while trying to lock it in also helps.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I have an older one that finally did the same. I put on external power and ran for 24 hours hoping it would select enough satelites to reset itself (Lowrances suggestion before giving up) and no luck.
    Since bought a used one as as of now, that one’s working great.
    I tried many hard and soft resets. That until was done!

broman

This issue has happened to a lot of people. Basically, it’s trash. Yes, there are some lucky ones who’s Lowrance is still working.

They do sell an external antenna on eBay, but from what I’ve seen on the web, it doesn’t fix most.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Might be a dumb question but your not trying it inside or in your garage are you? try it again outside with no clouds if you havent already.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Mine is always slow to get a position lock after sitting
    from March to Nov.
    I attempted to lock on recently and it was showing receiving info from several satellites but I had zero satellites showing in the circle representing the sky above.
    I let it run for a hour and it didn’t lock so I powered it
    off. When I returned later in the day I tried it again.
    This time it was showing the satellites in the “circle” and
    it locked on within minutes.
    Once I get a lock it will work without issue the rest of the
    season.
    Mine is running v1.2 software. I find it odd that Lowrance
    show v1.1 as the latest update.
    What version does yours show?

Jim Kissinger
    Markesan WI

I had it outside for 24hrs and nothing so this unit might be junk will go thru all the proceedures again really sucks what hand held would be the next thing other then lorance

jd318
    NE Nebraska

If you determine that it is “junk” and you want to part with the power cable, PM me please. I happened to snap mine in two during deer season and lost half of it (for Expedition C). I believe the cable is the same for the H20 and the Expedition.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.