HDS Gen 2 users yet?

• kroger3
    blaine mn

How are people liking the HDS units in the Gen 2??? Debating on offing my Gen 1 units for Gen 2 or is it to early to tell yet??? I learned my lesson jumping on a new product last time but atleast this on is on a existing platform….

Would really like to make the switch to bird but to much rigging and wiring to chage around.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

u don’t wanna change2 a bird richie…you in denial buddy

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I like my gen 2. I have only used it sparingly so far but like the structure overlay. The best thing with the gen 2 to me was the increased speed to boot and on page changes and map redraws.

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Have an HDS8-Gen1 on the front and an HDS10-Gen2 at the console. Was happy with the Gen1 until I started using the Gen2 and jumping from one to the other. Startup, shut down, and changing pages are the difference, but man what a difference. I’m spoiled with the Gen2, but the Gen1 is a fine unit!

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

If you decide to switch and are looking to sell the Gen1 unit, Im looking for one. Just looking to put the GPS on my atv, so wouldnt even need transducer.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Took the boat out to P-4 yesterday afternoon.

I was a little apprehensive about the StructureScan setup and use for the first time.

I’m happy to say, once the boat was in the water…it just worked! No adjustments besides setting up the data overlay. Turn it on and go.

Since I’ve been using a MarCum on P-4, I knew were there was some underwater structure. Although the StructureScan doesn’t look like a regular camera, I could see what I was looking for.

It was pretty windy so I didn’t go over 25 miles per hour, but I didn’t loose the imaging and could see fish and structure the whole time. Someone mentioned there was “too much compression” at high speeds. This must be faster the 25 mph because I thought the Lowrance unit worked great…automatically.

Still, the faster page turns and start up speed is what I was most pleased about, right behind the faster page refreshing of the GPS mapping.

Now someone has the answer here…so help me out.

On the SONAR page, it the top right hand corner there’s a number. I believe it’s part of the depth range. This number is -08. I’m sure I messed it up on my first generation unit and it’s migrated to this one when I uploaded my settings.

How do I set this number back to zero?

Thanks!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

How do I set this number back to zero?

Thanks!

A small piece of tape over the – and another one over the 8.

In other words, I have no idea. Never heard of that one. I’ll try poking around on mine and see if I can figure out what you are talking about if nobody has an answer for you.

igotone

is it the keel off set setting?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.