HDS 8 Problem

• Brent11
    New Richmond, WI

When I zoom out or try to cursor to look at other parts of the lake the unit re-boots its self back to “Seize the Day” startup screen. There is a clich when the basemap has to update. I’m running a 8 with basemap and have the 4.0 update. Any thoughts?

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Have you checked your voltage on your battery? Is your HDS unit wired to your trolling battery or starting? Does it only happen when you are utilizing a function on the HDS unit or is it different when your motor is running?

KirtH
    Lakeville

Try a soft reset

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Try a soft reset

And if that doesn’t work, maybe a hard reset. I have not seen that problem on my 7 or my 5 and I scroll around the map all the time. Might want to give lowrance a call if the reset doesn’t fix it.

Brent11
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks guys. I was told that if you pan around to quickly the unit tries reading off your SD card to update the map. Removed card and no problems. Also told the latest and greatest versions Lakemaster/Nav run better. I was running version 4 lakemaster. Also a 4000 puck upgrade is the way to go. Runs alot smoother.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.