Lowrance start up issue

• captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

The other day my HDS 10 lowrance started as usual with the HDS symbol (so I knew it had power) but then wouldnt proceed to the sonar or chart screens. Turned it off and killed the power source a few times and gave up. 45 minutes later tried it again and it booted up as normal. tested it a few more times and it seems ok now. worried tho as I have no idea what was wrong,…any ideas/tips? Its my main cryising unit so not having it was un nerving. Thanks.

michael keehr

Did it just sit there for like 5 or 6 minutes and then reboot or just sit there. I had an issue with my 9 inch gen 2 touch where it would sit there and then reboot never going further than first screen my issue ended up being the card reader. If I took the lake chip out would boot up normal.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

It just sat there doing nothing. I had recently had it on Lake Miv=chigsn coho fishing so the chart wouldnt be on the right location but dont think that should affect how it boots up.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I burned through 2 Hook2-7 Tripleshot units which would act similarly. When they finally did come back on they were toast, would not locate bottom would not keep up on GPS.

No electrical issues on the boat, in fact the 2nd unit went from one boat onto a brand new boat, and I mean BRAND NEW, with new batteries. Lasted a few weeks and same thing. I noticed when this one went bad, it was extremely hot to the touch. Wiring was not hot just the head unit.

I liked using the Lowrance so much more then my humminbird unfortunately Lowrance’s customer service was non-existent which prompted me to switch.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It just sat there doing nothing.

Not sure if you knew this but there is a recent software update this spring too.

michael keehr

I know alot of people say lowrance support sucks but I for one have been happy. I had 2 gen 2 9 touch units take a crap on me this year. I had issues with 1 last year and called in a startef a claim. Once it warmed up last spring the unit never had another problem so I never sent it in. This year when went to start it up it would not same as last year. I take all units off boat in winter and bring them In The house. Called lowrance explained issue and they said they do not work on units older than 5 years. Well I wasnt pleased but was sent to a different agent in explaining my situation she went out of her way to help me. They could not repair unit but upgraded me to new live unit at a reasonable price. So now I have upgraded considerably when I could have been out all together

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I had pretty good customer service this spring when I was trying to transfer waypoints from one unit to another. I eventually was able to do it with some guidance from a service rep on the phone, although I did wait about 25 minutes on old to get to talk to someone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.