Lowrance question

• jon graber

I currently have a lowrance HDS 5 gen 1. My eyes aren’t getting any better so I want to upgrade screen size without changing the transducer. Which units with bigger screens can I use with existing transducer to perform the same just a bigger screen? Thanks

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

My understanding is that Gen1 and Gen2 will work together. Gen2 is much quicker refresh rate and better for SS/DS.

I’d email Lowrance before dropping the coin though.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Just looking to get the standard 2d sonar? If so any lowrance will work. The 2d sonar is all the same adapters up to the new HDS Live, I believe. The Boat Center here in Ramsey MN has several head units of Lowrance that are discounted very nicely. Feel free to give our parts department a call at 763-450-0400

If you have more questions feel free to contact me at the same number.

igotone

Welcome to IDO, Jon
    Pm sent…

jon graber

Yes just the 2D sonar… just want a bigger screen.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Just looking to get the standard 2d sonar? If so any lowrance will work. The 2d sonar is all the same adapters up to the new HDS Live, I believe. The Boat Center here in Ramsey MN has several head units of Lowrance that are discounted very nicely. Feel free to give our parts department a call at 763-450-0400

If you have more questions feel free to contact me at the same number.

The 2D (HST-WSBL Transducer from the HDS Gen 1) is fine all the way up through HDS Carbon units, but technically the new HDS Live units as well. You just need the 9 to 7 pin adapter cable (7 pin to 9 pin adapter cable) which is pretty cheap to make it work.

Thats what I did with my old ducer to my new Live units.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.