Lowrance elite-4x

• Loren Anderson

Has anyone tried this machine out. I’m looking to replace a broken humminbird ice 35. I’m trying to decide between the elite-4 and a Marcum vx-1i. Any input would help a lot.

RM

Can’t speak on the elite, but I do own that Marcum, and I would not trade it for anything. The zoom really helped me a few times when nailing crappies on the bottom in 20ft.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I use the Elite-4 on my pontoon in the summer and then on my 4 wheeler and Lowrance Icepack in the winter months. I would get the 4 so you have GPS and can use a lake map card. It works great.

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

I have the elite 4x chirp. I had been an x67c user for many years until it died. Bought the elite 4 chirp and was able to use it a couple dozen days last winter and it performed very well for the most part. It did the job for crappies in 7′, eyes in 16′, whitefish in 60′ and lake trout in 140′. Of the few drawbacks was the sometimes jerky screen scroll and the settings sometimes take some trial-and-error to get tuned in when I move from lake to lake.

TripleA
    Blaine

I have both. If your only using it for ice fishing the Marcum is the hands down winner. If you NEED gps as well the choice is obvious. I now use the lowrance for GPS ONLY and a Marcum flasher for fishing. The Marcum is made SPECIFICALLY for vertical jigging, that should make the choice easier.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

I put together a ice pack for my elite 4, and had really good luck using it off the docks in 3-6′ of water. I haven’t had a chance to get it on the ice yet.

Loren Anderson

Thanks for all the replies I bought a marcum vx1i at Gander Mountain today for 209.99

TripleA
    Blaine

Thanks for all the replies I bought a marcum vx1i at Gander Mountain today for 209.99

that’s a STEAL…….. dang. You will love it if its anything like the VX1P. (as it should be)

Is that a sale price or special???

Derek Mcpheeters

I just looked at Gander online and they are listing the Marcum at $299. How did you get it that cheap??????

ps0345

I just got a lowrance elite 4hdi for a Xmas gift. I’ll be using it mostly for the GPS and summer fishing. I’ll be able to convert it to the ice pack and use it as a back up and for the Wife when she comes along. This and the lx7 will work out pretty nice I think

Loren Anderson

They were on sale yesterday when we were there. I don’t know how long the sale is for. Tickle sticks were on sale for 39.99 also. I bought one to try out along with a cgi inline reel.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

I just got a lowrance elite 4hdi for a Xmas gift. I’ll be using it mostly for the GPS and summer fishing. I’ll be able to convert it to the ice pack and use it as a back up and for the Wife when she comes along. This and the lx7 will work out pretty nice I think

Pretty much the combination I have. The elite 4 makes up in shallow water where the lx7 is terrible.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.