Lowarance Eagle Eye 9

I am probably late to the game stumbling across this but looks like an interesting option for those who do not want to drop 3 grand for a live option. Will be interesting to see reviews once available to purchase.

‘On paper’ and from the product ‘reviews’ that are out there, would seem that despite reduced field of view could still benefit from the forward facing – may just have to do a bit more moving around to search same amount of water than traditional units. It looks like the down mode has a wider cone than traditional flasher.

Looks like still need to put together some type of system to hold unit and battery and assume would need a pole of some type to control the direction of the duecer – but less of a bundle of stuff than traditional unit.

Will be interesting to watch this play out — seems like could be a great unit for those willing to spend some money but not several thousand. Or, could be ‘pound wise / penny foolish money’ – drop a grand on this unit, find out it sucks and then be back in the same dilemma of trying to talk self into spending on a ‘real’ live unit.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think this more reasonably-priced unit will bring a lot of folks into the FFS/live sonar realm that were maybe on the fence about it. Both open water and hard water.

That being said, it does not have the power or interface of livescope or active target. But a major advantage (other than the reduced price) here is that is also does not need a module (black box) that the other versions do. You simply plug it right into the back of the 9 inch unit that comes with it.

By next summer, you might see some slightly used ones out there for half the cost of a new one. I considered placing my name on the waiting list for one once its released but I decided to wait and see what people think of it in the real world first.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.