Lost…..Otter Rod Case

• Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

While out fishing on Lake Erie earlier this week, I had the misfortune of losing my Otter Rod Case. I don’t have a picture, but it does have a very noticeable burn mark on the front of the case, looks like a drip in the plastic. It also has some Marcum and Ice Force stickers on the front side. It maybe a long shot to be found but would like to get the word out to the fishing community.

Reward will offered if found.

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks

castle-rock-clown

Sorry to hear of the loss, did you have your name on it? I know I am lax as I have bunch of stuff that I don’t have my name and number on. Some things as minor as a scoop or as valuable as a locator. Anything can bounce out of a sled or who knows what else, but boy when you need them they are worth those weight in gold. Plus it prevents mixups when fishing in a group.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

No I didn’t have my name on it. I have that distinct marking on the front as well as the stickers, so I will know if I ever see it again.

steuben1
    Indiana

No I didn’t have my name on it. I have that distinct marking on the front as well as the stickers, so I will know if I ever see it again.

We are on it Cal.

castle-rock-clown

I’m just looking at it through the eyes of the finder. Here I come across an item on the ice with nobody in sight. As much as I want to return it, how do I if there isn’t a name and phone number on it. Sure there are still ways like the myriad of lost and found on fishing sites, but having info on the gear makes it easier for both parties involved.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Any rods in it?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Yes 3 rod/reel combos.

TUCR Quick tip 36″ minus 2 with Shimano Saros 1000
    TUCR Quick tip 32″ minus 1 with Shimano Sedona 750
    TUCR Precision 36″ with Shimano Saros 1000…

Lots of loose tackle laying inside rod box as well.

Rest assured I will have my name on items going forward.

castle-rock-clown

I don’t know about others here, but there is something very personal about fishing rods. I don’t think I could ever be comfortable holding another mans rod.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I don’t know about others here, but there is something very personal about fishing rods. I don’t think I could ever be comfortable holding another mans rod.

I had to clean off my screen and keyboard after that. You are on fire today CRC.

FDR

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Are you talking from experience CRC? Just wondering.

deertracker

No kidding. You don’t know how you feel about it unti you’ve tried it. Lol.
    DT

castle-rock-clown

I’ve never stuck a hot poker in my eye, but I know I wouldn’t like it. There are some things one does not have to experience first hand to know they wouldn’t like it…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Cal, after reading Joel’s post I feel so much more sympathetic. I hate adding salt to an open wound, but man that had to sting bad. Not only loose your rods, but loosing your rods after helping Joel slip a massive pig through the hole….. OUCH doah doah doah

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Cal,

Are you sure Joel did not “deep six” your rods,, so that he could not be out fished? devil devil

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Cal,

Are you sure Joel did not “deep six” your rods,, so that he could not be out fished? devil devil

^^^^^^^Now that is funny rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol Cal, even you have to laugh at that one jester

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Funny thing is I packed the Otter also….Joel was riding with me on the sled. I packed his Otter case and then put mine ontop. Funny thing is we back tracked immediately and its like a eagle swooped down to pick it up or something. It just a material item, yes it does suck, but fishing was good and we all made it back safely to our families.

I could see Nelson doing something like that.. lol

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

castle-rock-clown wrote:

Are you talking from experience CRC? Just wondering.

I don’t know that I would even have the nerve to ask that… in fear he would answer.

hamms
    Mn

That is a huge bummer Cal hope you get them back.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Here is a photo of the Otter rod box I lost!
    Thanks Ben Larson for the photo

Attachments:
    1. otter-box.jpg

GMAN

Calvin I do feel sorry for you it happened to my brother 10 years ago we never found our fishing rods the guide said he packed them and when we got back to the boat launch at Catawba they were gone I do have a friend that works for the DNR and a creel census person I will notify him have him keep his eyes and ears open for you sorry for the loss

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Living here on mille lacs, I happen upon stuff all the time, both open water and on the ice. On open water, most of the time I find lifejackets that must have blown right off of somebody’s back…. I mean out of somebody’s boat. On the ice, it is mostly peoples garbage, beer cans, plastic bags with poop in them, empty 1lb propane bottles, every now and then I find a full one. My best find so far is one of those heavy duty ice scoops on the hockey stick. Never any rod cases full of rods. If I did, I would think I would put fourth a good effort to find the rightful owner.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Tom…what color was the bag…. ? devil jester rotflol crazy whistling

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

It was white and had Mckay’s Dodge Jeep printed on it

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I hope I come across the Rod Box Cal !! I’ll bring it back for you !!

I’ll take pix of it right next to the 10 pounder I hope to catch !!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.