Looking for some advice on steelhead rod for Brule River

• Fireman81

Hello everyone,
    Looking to get into steelhead fishing on the Brule and am looking for some advice on what would be a good rod for a starter. Some people have told me to get a 8’6″ or 9′ medium fast. I am looking for the best bang for my buck on something versatile for drifting and throwing hardware. Any help on this would be great!
    Thanks

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

I fish the Brule Spring and Fall. I would recommend at least a 9’6″ medium light or medium rod. I use a 10’6″ which is a happy medium for float fishing and hardware. Many float fishermen are using 12 ft rods.

Fireman81

Are you partial to any brand in particular? I would love to find something that is economical but at the same time i dont want to buy a pc of junk either. I see Scheels has a 9′ medium fast Ugly Stik for $80. I just dont want to buy it and find out is garbage. It seems to have good reviews just not alot of reviews. Also I will be buying one for my girlfriends son so I dont want to be spending too much because I still have to buy the rest of the gear other than waders

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Fenwick makes some nice 2 piece steelhead rods that will not break the bank..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.