Looking for Otter/Rhino box for ATV

• Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Planning to sell my Ranger and change into an ATV. Looking for a used Otter/Rhino “monster” box.

Let me know if you have one you’d sell or may have seen one for sale somewhere. Cash in hand.

Thanks.

JoeMX1825
    MN

If there’s a Runnings close to you they sell them… you’ll pay just a little more than what used ones go for and you won’t have their mount holes to plug…

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Hey Joe, Appreciate the tip but looks like none of the stores anywhere near me have them in stock. Plus, it would be nice to find a used to save some $ if possible. Thanks again.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Last fall I was in your shoes hoping to find a used one, but only 2 came up for sale on C-list all year and they were asking $200. So I ended up paying $75 more for a new one with no holes or wear… The Runnings.com stock info might be based off of last years stock, I’d give the Monticello store a call and see if/when they get new stock in, it’s not that far from Hudson and you could stop at Cabelas on the way )

Quick Tip – You can call/email Otter and have them send you the older “Otter Monster Box” branded decals to replace the ugly “RHINO” branded ones…

Attachments:
    1. Otterbox.jpg

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Good point, and thanks for the tip on the Otter decals. Fortunately I have some time to wait for a Runnings coupon/sale and make a trip.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve only ever seen them offer a $10 off anything online coupon if you signed up for their mailing list. I had to setup 3 separate accounts to get individual coupons and purchased all 3 piece of my Monsterbox gear with them )

I think that’s the best deal you’ll see unless you’re Military, they offer a % off discount a few times a year which would probably be best…I have no idea if there are exclusions for that though…

The box does add some weight to the back of the ATV, but you can’t beat the storage and especially the side mount attachments for the Rodbox & 5 gallon bucket holder (what I use them for)

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

C-list is probably best bet, but can’t go wrong with new either. I have seen a few at local ice fishing shows, but I wouldn’t count on it.

Otter Outdoors

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Thanks, Cal. I was thinking maybe the Blaine Hardwater Expo may have a vendor with one but I doubt many want to lug those around to shows with them. I may just go the Runnings route unless one pops up on CL between now and when Runnings Red Wing gets stock.

All a work in progress as I wasn’t expecting to get rid of my Ranger for an ATV but life is full of surprises I guess.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Joe, nice looking Grizz! I see Runnings was supposed to send me a $10 coupon for giving them my email address. That will at least chip away at the tax a bit.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Joe, nice looking Grizz! I see Runnings was supposed to send me a $10 coupon for giving them my email address. That will at least chip away at the tax a bit.

Yep, every bit helps…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.