Looking for a review of the crossover series

• Ryan Hughes

Hello everyone I am currently looking into buying a new boat since I finally got the ok from the wife. The one stipulation from her though was that it had to be a fish and ski so that we had the option to take the kids out for some fun. I am looking into the 2016 lund crossovers and was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with them? I’m sure being a lund they will be a great boat but I am just wanting some feedback on them. The one I am specifically looking at is the 1775 with a 150hp and 9.9hp on it along with an 80lb minnkota ipilot link. I really like the boat but am just looking for any feedback that anyone can give me with these or lund in general for that matter.
    Thanks in advance

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

Check out triton’s allure 186. Get a glass boat over aluminum for the same price. Layout is fisher friendly, very similar to ranger reata. Could get the same options as the crossover you mentioned. I just got my first glass boat in august, a triton 186 fishunter which is a multi-species boat. I will never own an aluminum boat again.

reb
    SE Wisconsin

I have a 2006 Lund Explorer Sport w/115 Merc 4-stroke and use it for inland lake fishing and some family cruising tubing swimming etc. and it’s the perfect boat for our “crossover” needs. The windshield is great for family protection and the fold down swim platform works great for tubing, swimming, etc.. I personally prefer the aluminum boats especially in a colder deep freeze climates. I’ve had glass boats and glass durability was an issue as they get on in age.

I’m sure the newer Lunds are even nicer than my 2006, but I’m super happy with the comfort of the air ride seats, and swap butt seats for fishing. I have the extended windshield top cover and that works great for keeping the weather out and even some sun shade. I think you’d be really happy with the Lund crossovers. Unless you are a tournament fisherman or close, I find the Lund crossovers lean towards the fishing side and crossover well when needed. My wife loves the comfort for cruising inland lake chains, and 4-stroke is nice and quite, which is fine for me also.

Resale is also unbelievable on Aluminum Lunds I see boats like mine selling nearby for what I paid for mine 4 years ago.

Let us know what you go with! Good Luck.

CBMN
    North Metro

I don’t have any water time in a crossover but I have a 2013 prov with a 150 4 stroke merc a 80lb terrova with I link. I also thought I was going to get a kicker but my big motor trolls down to 2 mph with troll controll on my merc smartcraft gauges. So far I just don’t have a need for a kicker. So far very happy with my boat. Based on seeing my boat my neighbor bought an 1875 crossover with a 150 4 stroke and 80lb terrova with I link. Seems like a great boat for a family and gives up very little to the pro v in fishing use. He bought a new non current (2014 when the 2015’s were out) this spring before the boat show and got a great deal.

Jonesy

Fwiw I sat in the new alumacraft edge the other day it was pretty impressed with it.

Ryan Aker

I can help you out by saying buy it now you will love it…. I ordered a 2016 1875 with a 175 Vrod in July, took delivery of August 7th and just put it in storage Nov 8th with around 98 hours on it so I got my use out of it. 1st off I was in the same position you are, wife wanted a dual sport boat, and this was the boat we opted for after looking at the Sportfish as well. We decked the boat out fully as we wanted comfort for all day on the water. Got the pilot chairs driver and passenger, the upgraded stereo, got the electronic gauges for the troll control feature, the snap in carpet, the ski package, i pilot trolling motor, no kicker, and the 3/4 top set. this boat/motor combo is amazing I am getting around 6.5 miles to a gallon if i drive it at the right trim and not run hard. So far at top end seeing around 56mph. As far as fishing the boat is great handles all waters with ease and is a nice dry boat to ride in. Only complaint I have is the front rod locker only has room for 6 poles wish it was a double stack and its tight with 7 foot poles. The center storage is also a rod locker, but I use it for misc stuff and tackle boxes, and it has a crazy amount of room. As far as storage the boat is great lots of storage under the rear seats, the front bow and the sides. Great Great fishing boat… Now for all day tubing/boating this boat is an AAAAA plus, the ride is amazing wish it had the IPS2 hull not sure why they skimped on this for such a nice boat but still runs great. The travel top is great for hot weather if you want to get out of the sun, it makes the motor noise a little louder but not intolerable, it also doubles nice for cool/rainy weather travels. The pilot chairs make for an unbelievably comfy ride for all day cruising and you can expect to burn around 15-20 gallons on an all day cruise/beach day love that!!! I don’t have any experience with the Merc 150 but have some friends who recently bought the same boat I did but with a 150 and he loves it, it is about 5 mph slower and about as quiet as my Vrod. You won’t believe hoe quiet these motors are almost scary. They make a troll control box for the 150, my gauges for the vrod have that built in and my buddy has the box for his 150 works sweet I would really recommend getting it. Other than a 10 plus rating on my boat I love it can’t say enough about it, thats about all I have. If you have any more questions or would like to chat about it before buying feel free to inbox me or email me can give you my number then. [email protected]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.