Looking for a Big-#@! Flagpole

• Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m wanting to put a flagpole and flag at my place and just wondering what others have gone with that worked well. I live at the top of a hill so I kind of want it to be fairly tall, and it’s going to have to be strong because it seems like it’s always windy. I’ve been told I should get a telescoping pole, but are those as robust as a standalone pole?

I’d also like to get a flag a little larger than the average flag you see in a yard. I don’t know that I need to go full-on Perkins flag, but something maybe in between.

Thanks for any recommendations.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Sorry can’t help you with the equipment but it’s good to hear people flying the flag! waytogo

Forrest Melton
    Alexandria, MN

Checkout Coils Flags, I believe they are out of St.Cloud, if memory serves me correctly.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I know there was a Vans Flags & Poles in St Cloud. Right off Cty 75.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I have had 3 big aluminum flag poles. Princeton, at the lake & I gave one to the kid. They were all 30-35 foot. I flew anywhere from 6 x 8 flags to 8 x 10 flags.

They can be hard to find used and if you do be prepared to pay. One nice thing about a commercial aluminum pole is the wind will never fold it up. If it should that will be the least of your problems.

Call Bauer Brothers Salvage in Mpls and ask if they have one.

G & Forest are correct there is a flag guy in St. Cloud I used a couple of times, can’t remember for sure where he is located.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Have a few homeowners and a couple commercial jobs that have done 40 and 50 foot poles. If you’re going to by big, do it right! Look at light commercial poles vs residential.

When comparing, don’t get sucked into “unflagged” wind ratings. I see companies list 150mph ratings, only to find that is with no flag or with less than recommended flag size.

Internal and external Halyard options can be $$$$ need t uncommon to jump 700 to over 1000 for internal halyard

munchy
    NULL

Ask Gander and Camping World where they get theirs. Those things are YUGE!!!!

frank z

american flag pole and flag lake elmo mn.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve always wanted a flag pole as well. But the way my trees are I don’t have a place to fly one.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The in-laws have a 60′ commercial pole that has a huge flag on it on the point overlooking their lower acreage. I always joke that I feel like I’m arriving at Perkins. It’s probably the best display I’ve seen at a residential setting. I’ll ask where they got it and how the install went when I see them next.

Sylvanboat

Go BIG or go home. God Bless America!!!

Attachments:
    1. 03DA9E6F-7FE8-4117-8BBD-F16AEEA194C0.jpeg

bclii
    MN/AZ

I’ve bought a couple from these guys and been very pleased with them.
    uncommonflagpoles.com

Red Eye

Millerbrend Manufacturing,Winsted MN. They can build any size you want. The light/flag pole they have in there yard is the 2nd biggest flag pole in the nation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.