Locations and Tactics

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Never really been on the Big Pond. Going to give it a go for smallies late this week as the weather looks ok.

Wind looks ok and from the south. Planning on points and rock humps on the south side. I’m assuming plastics and live bait will be good go to’s.

Anything we should look for or start with? We’ll be mobile so we could trailer to anywhere if needed. Don’t need spots but any tactics or patterns we should look for is appreciated.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Jerkbaits seem to work well when the water is colder. Let it pause for a long time in between.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Will pike be up shallow? Wouldn’t mind chasing a few of those time permitting?

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Matt:

Thinking based on the forecasted winds, spending time on the south side is never a bad thing. There is plenty of rock to be close to and I would tend to thing that spending time in those areas where the SMB’s would have access to the closest deep water next to those areas would be best locations.

I would look at the species specific area of the website and see what peeps are doing for fall smallies for presentations and get some ideas from there… the first page has lots of stuff discussed including a thread on fall ML SMB fishing…

Hoping the screenshot I’ve attached works…

Attachments:
    1. S.Mille_.Lacs_.19.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.