Livewell leak

• Dave Mulder

Am hoping someone here has come across this before. New Alumacraft 205 Tiller having water in bilge due to live-well piping. I am looking for the location of the rear open/closed live well valve. I have located the front valve below the 3 tray in floor compartment(this one is not the leak issue…. but I have having trouble finding the rear one. Am guessing its near the rear of the boat, hoping its not under the gas tank. Thanks

CaptainMusky

My boat is older but all my valves are on the side of the gunnel. one up front and one near the transom both on drivers side but I have a windshield boat.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

If its still in warranty it sounds like a dealer issue to me. Granted you probably dont want to be down a boat for however long they sit on it.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

A Quick call to your dealer service dept will hopefully get you the location.

Dave Mulder

Found the second valve this morning digging around. It appears the hose must have a leak between the 2 valves….gonna need to be a winter project i believe. Not to terribly difficult i dont think but may need an extra set of hands and long arms.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Found the second valve this morning digging around. It appears the hose must have a leak between the 2 valves….gonna need to be a winter project i believe. Not to terribly difficult i dont think but may need an extra set of hands and long arms.

What year is the boat ? Warranty ?

Dave Mulder

2023 Brand New Boat carry-over. Drive to the dealer is over 5 hours….I feel like I can deal with this at the end of the season with ease.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Could also check that the hose connections to the valves are completely seated. I had a hose pop off my inlet valve while fishing. First clue was standing in water, lol. Luckily I found the problem quick and got it hooked up. Only way I could see that happening was if it wasn’t pushed all the way on at the factory.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I would Just pressurize the system and listen for the leak, Plug the outlet and feed air on the inlet and should be easy to find.

robby
    Quad Cities

If its still in warranty it sounds like a dealer issue to me. Granted you probably dont want to be down a boat for however long they sit on it.

This. Getting to the livewell plumbing or valves can be, actually is always a pain in the butt.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.