Livescope Combination Page Preferences

• James Walliser

Hey gang, very excited to have a new Livescope Ice Bundle to use this winter chasing rainbows, browns, lakers, kokanee and more in Colorado. I’ve been playing with the page customizations, but I’m curious to know what custom page combinations others have found to be best for ice fishing applications.

Attachments:
    1. 65D453A6-7515-4D48-BED0-E291D6ABAE8E.png

mann4ducks

James
    PM me if interested. Also live in CO on the western slope. Have been using LS for two years now. I like the detail of full screen down or forward. I will be interested to see others responses to this You must be looking at BLMs for those species if at one lake. We like going to Idaho for big trout and mostly perch.

Cameron white

Here’s a screenshot I took from one of the garmin fb groups. These seem to be the preferred basic settings. I use them.

Attachments:
    1. E2200603-8294-438F-B599-C49EEBA12257.jpeg

James Walliser

These seem to be the preferred basic settings. I use them.

Thanks for the cheat sheet. From all I’ve read I’m prepared to refine the settings regularly. Any preferences for how you set up your display? Flasher, sonar, Livescope etc?

Cameron white

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cameron white wrote:</div>

Thanks for the cheat sheet. From all I’ve read I’m prepared to refine the settings regularly. Any preferences for how you set up your display? Flasher, sonar, Livescope etc?

I stay in livescope mode.

Cameron white

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cameron white wrote:</div>

JoeMX1825
    MN

I only use the Livescope page and I reduce as much screen clutter as I can, typically I just leave voltage and depth visible…

BrianF

^^What Joe said X2…

You might want to play with switching the transducer position from down to forward. Last ice season, I found that keeping the transducer on forward position and adjusting the range was about all that was needed since a short forward range of, say, 10’ – 15’ still gives very good imagery of what is happening directly below the hole. Manually increase the range to look around then back to a short range when fishing. No reason to get your hands wet and cold clicking the transducer head from down to forward and back again. Saves you from splitting the connection point of the cord to the transducer head in very cold temps, which happened to me 2X.

Whateverbites

If I am fishing, it is always full screen livescope. sometimes if I am moving around on stucture I will split the map and livescope for a bit, but that is rare. I have nevery seen a need to use the flasher mode since I have livescope

James Walliser

Thanks for everybody’s inputs! I’d been scratching my head about giving up Livescope screen space for a flasher display. I suppose a graph display could be useful at times. If I’m not watching the screen closely it’s definitely nice to have the history to reference. Still seems like my going in approach will be to focus on the Livescope!

Does anybody get much use out of perspective view on the ice?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.