Livescope Build

• grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Wondering if anyone has the new carbon fiber Summit pole in-hand? I’ve been hemming and hawing over the Arclab, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I don’t, but you also might want to look at HD Innovations. It’s the guy who used to design the Summit stuff and now has his own company and is basically making improved designs of the Summit stuff…

The one thing i’ll say about the Arclab pole is that it doesn’t fold into itself, it’s 2 separate sections, this was a dealbreaker for me. I also use my Livescope from my lake dock and the Summit pole ram mount works slick for that application.

acarroline

To the OP I can start another thread if you’d like.

I’m (very) late to the party but ready to get onboard with thee Livescope. I have a decent idea, I think, about what I want the unit to do overall but would greatly appreciate insight on if/how to accomplish it and what pieces are needed. Looking to got the LVS34 route.

Boat:
    *On the boat I’d not permanently mount the unit but use the pole on a sport track and likely leave the rest of the components on a shuttle to move around.
    *Is it possible to have two screens on the boat that see the same thing? 1 on the shuttle by me and another likely mounted on a sportrack mount to be used by the second fisherman?

Ice:
    *Like with boat, one ducer but two screens seeing the same thing (use in larger houses).

Universal:
    Lithium Battery
    Shuttle
    Bag
    Pole

JoeMX1825
    MN

You’d likely want/need a GPSMap86xx unit (it has an HDMI out port and multiple networking ports) Just know if you’re going to keep it in a shuttle and want to share Livescope on another screen, you need to plug/unplug the extra network cable every time you remove it from the boat, wireless networking doesn’t share the Livescope view…

There are many options for Shuttles (Arclab, Summit, HD Innovations, etc)

I would stick with a 30+ AH battery, I use the Amped 32AH NMC

Lots of Pole options, but if you plan on trolling fast in your boat, you’ll want one of the more heavy duty designs that won’t bend…

mojogunter

I am running two gpsmap units on my boat. They both can share whatever transducer you want as long as they are all networked together including livescope and panoptix. If you want to run two different livescope transducers and black boxes I believe they would have to be wired independently to a single unit and the image would not be shared, but I am not sure that is the case. I only have one livescope.

acarroline

You’d likely want/need a GPSMap86xx unit (it has an HDMI out port and multiple networking ports) Just know if you’re going to keep it in a shuttle and want to share Livescope on another screen, you need to plug/unplug the extra network cable every time you remove it from the boat, wireless networking doesn’t share the Livescope view…

There are many options for Shuttles (Arclab, Summit, HD Innovations, etc)

I would stick with a 30+ AH battery, I use the Amped 32AH NMC

Lots of Pole options, but if you plan on trolling fast in your boat, you’ll want one of the more heavy duty designs that won’t bend…

I figured the two head units would have to be connected via a network cable. Makes sense.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

I don’t, but you also might want to look at HD Innovations. It’s the guy who used to design the Summit stuff and now has his own company and is basically making improved designs of the Summit stuff…

The one thing i’ll say about the Arclab pole is that it doesn’t fold into itself, it’s 2 separate sections, this was a dealbreaker for me. I also use my Livescope from my lake dock and the Summit pole ram mount works slick for that application.

Thanks Joe Ill take a look at it

Cyclone41

I got the HD Innovations Shuttle and Pole. Would definitely recommend.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I got the HD Innovations Shuttle and Pole. Would definitely recommend.

yeah I already have all Summit stuff, but prefer the HD Innovations designs better…

Cyclone41

Is it really worth getting the UHD2 vs the 93sv for just ice fishing?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Is it really worth getting the UHD2 vs the 93sv for just ice fishing?

I would say NO, the new UHD2 uses 3 times the battery power of the previous gen 93UHD, that’s huge for battery life…

Cyclone41

My thoughts as well. There was rumblings of them not supporting the UHD one anymore, but Garmin keeps saying that’s not true as of now.

JoeMX1825
    MN

My thoughts as well. There was rumblings of them not supporting the UHD one anymore, but Garmin keeps saying that’s not true as of now.

They will for sure cut it off from getting updates at some point, but as long as you upgrade it to get the newer color pallets and Color limit feature, you don’t need anything else..

Cyclone41

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

acarroline

Anybody got input to share on best options to mount a shuttle on the lund sport track? Which shuttle mounts best on the track for mobility, preferably swivel also. The idea would be to keep the gls10/battery/main screen in the shuttle and move the whole shuttle on the sport track when needed, mainly keeping it at the console. For my second screen I’m planning a ram mount (or similar) with a little rise on the sport track, still running the network cable.

Also, keep hearing that the ultra 1’s are not going to be made any longer, “old tech”, questions on supporting going forward….so on and so forth. To reiterate, I only plan to sue this for the Livescope portion on the boat and ice, understand that any tech is nearly instantly obsolete, and feel like I;m on the right track with the Ultra 1’s for value.

Thoughts on both?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Summit and Arclab have track option mounts for their shuttles, i’m sure the other lesser brand name shuttles will if they dont already, so it depends in what shuttle brand you have.

I have an Ultra106 in my Summit shuttle (I keep it in the bag) its a great Livescope screen, GPSMap 1022 is a great option if you don’t want a touchscreen.

My guess is whatever Garmin has for Livescope gen2 will require the very newest screens, the current LVS32/34 transducers will always be fully supported on the older screens, those ducers are pretty much maxed out in terms of what they can do…

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I have an ice fishing bundle. I have a Cisco mount for the Brew City pole but leave the shuttle sit on the ledge next to the Helix 12 (tiller boat). I would mount the shuttle to the SportTrak.

LabDaddy1

Omg, I’m in my thirties and for the first time feel like an old guy: get off my lawn with your newfangled live vision computer crap jester

Partly (kid)ding…

I think it would be cool just watching/learning fish behavior, if anything.

And yeah, nope I’ve added nothing to the OP’s thread toast

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think it would be cool just watching/learning fish behavior, if anything.

It is very cool! can be very frustrating when a fish is looking at your lure and nothing you do makes it bite… The first time you see a large Musky or Pike come into frame and your heart starts pumping is pretty cool…

Cyclone41

Is the Livescope plus bundle with the UHD2 the best bang for your buck right now? Running $2700-$2800 from some online retailers. I will just have an extra Garmin bag and pole that could be sold off for whatever someone is willing to pay. Seems like putting it together yourself is about the same price for the LVS34+Box+Screen.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Is the Livescope plus bundle with the UHD2 the best bang for your buck right now? Running $2700-$2800 from some online retailers. I will just have an extra Garmin bag and pole that could be sold off for whatever someone is willing to pay. Seems like putting it together yourself is about the same price for the LVS34+Box+Screen.

depends if a slightly better screen and wireless networking are important enough to you for the 3x battery usage and higher price compared with a UHD93…

Cyclone41

I should have bought the UHD when all the box stores had them for $699. Seems like they burned through the inventory and they are all gone.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I should have bought the UHD when all the box stores had them for $699. Seems like they burned through the inventory and they are all gone.

They will most likely pop up again during the Black Friday sales…or look at the used market, tons of guys upgraded their UHD93 to the 106sv screens the past few years..

Cyclone41

Good point on the BF sales. Hopefully they bring some back for that.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Good point on the BF sales. Hopefully they bring some back for that.

they have the past 5+ years, why stop this season?

Cyclone41

So I have the 106sv, Summit HD shuttle, Summit L bag, LVS34, Amped 32ah battery, Garmin all-in-one harness and short network cord and it weighs 28.2 pounds total.

How many hours do you get out of this setup?

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    So I have the 106sv, Summit HD shuttle, Summit L bag, LVS34, Amped 32ah battery, Garmin all-in-one harness and short network cord and it weighs 28.2 pounds total.

How many hours do you get out of this setup?

11-13 per Amped Outdoors website (I’ve never ran it dead yet in a single outing)

acarroline

Pulled the trigger on buying…finally. LVS34-IF on the way. Also bought a 32AH Amped battery and Brew City 60inch bole for the boat that I will put on a cisco mount. I will wait for black friday or sales to get the second screen and network cable. Now for the rest…recommendations?

Ice fishing pole
    Shuttle: I’d like to get a shuttle that I can secure on the boat but have mobile
    Shuttle Mount for Lund Sport Trac: Larmac most likely
    Bag
    Anything else?

Viewing 28 posts - 151 through 178 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.