Little boy lake

• Tanner C.

I realize this isnt leech lale but it was the closest i could find.

Anyway my family and I are heading to little boy lake for the first week in August. We have never been up here before and are looking for a little help. I am a muskie angler and will be muskie fishing alot of the time. However by wife and kids like a little more action. If anyone has any knowledge of the lake or area and could give me any tips to putting my family on some fish we would appreciate it. Perch crappies and walleye are all species I would like to get them on. Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to help out

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Little Boy is and always will be one of my all time favorite lakes. I have been there numerous times. Where are you staying? Anyway I did spend a fair amount of time muskie fishing and did not find any. Sorry for that but should not discourage you from trying. I even went out after dark tossing surface baits in likely areas, cabbage beds and edges.
    It is a beautiful lake, easy to locate classic spots and not being too big you can get around most the entire lake in a day. That and you don’t have to worry about being blown off.
    Starting off, there is a large long sunken island or bar near the center. I always referred to it as the buffet table as just about every specie can be found out there feeding. Very easy to find on your own but there likely will be other boats out there as it is a primary location. I eventually spent more time seeking walleye and this lake is a true sleeper for that. There are plenty of other areas to find that are perhaps overlooked. If you are not seeing muskie you can take the creek or channel over to Wabedo. Also a known muskie lake. On the way or independently you can peel off the creek and find a small lake or pond with easy panfishing that would entertain wife and kids and provide a nice fish dinner. Anyway, pics from Little Boy…

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1500171674566.jpg

2. FB_IMG_1500171697572.jpg

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Try woman, baby or Mann for Muskie

bigpike

Walleyestudent Andy Cox what a generous sharing of information toast

bigpike

Walleyestudent Andy Cox what a generous sharing of information toast

enjoy tanner

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Can you boat into leech form little boy…in an 18′ deep v?

You can from Boy Lake, but not from little boy.

Tanner C.

Thanks for the tips, anyone have any idea about the crappie population? And where i might locate them? I would assume weed edges under a slip bobber just not sure what depths i should target

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I don’t remember enough crappie to dedicate much time specifically targeting them. There are a lot of Rock Bass though. Here is a link to the DNR survey which is is fairly recent…2015. Worth noting is that they sampled a good population of muskie up to 49″. There are some nice smallmouth and northern too. There is a protected slot for pike. The survey doesn’t seem to indicate but there are some big northerns in there because of the protected slot.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showreport.html?downum=11016700

Here is a nice 17″ smallmouth from Little Boy.

Attachments:
    1. DSCN0294.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.