LiTime Lithium Batteries

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    I don’t push my trolling motor higher then 8 for speed, if I need to do that I’ll big motor. I was told not to run on 10 as well so even with the brand new terrova, I still don’t run it past 8

Is this true? I have heard of it before, but there are times I have needed/wanted to run mine at 10, say pulling lead on the river. Yes I could run the big motor and sometimes do but with the big motor I struggle to keep it under 2 mph, were with the troller I can dial in 1.8 lets say, but if its windy and I have lets say less than full battery at times I have dialed it up to 10.

That’s with lithium batteries.
    And mine is not a quest model. So I leave it under 8.
    I couldn’t think of 1 time I’d want to troll on 10, doesn’t make much sense to me. Big motor 100 percent of the time.
    If I ever kiss 10 it’s only to quickly jog around something

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

That’s with lithium batteries.
    And mine is not a quest model. So I leave it under 8.
    I couldn’t think of 1 time I’d want to troll on 10, doesn’t make much sense to me. Big motor 100 percent of the time.
    If I ever kiss 10 it’s only to quickly jog around something

I will agree its not often but I have used it on 10 for a bit hear and there. Just seems weird that you can burn out the motor.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I will agree its not often but I have used it on 10 for a bit hear and there. Just seems weird that you can burn out the motor.

Did you read my post? I explained why there’s a chance the motor burns out.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Did you read my post? I explained why there’s a chance the motor burns out.

I did, still think it seems weird. Lithium has been around long enough, just thought they would have been ready for it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So does anyone actually have any longevity or durability experiences with lithium marine batteries yet? Or is it all just 1 or 2 years so far. Some of these things come with a 10 year warranty. I’d be interested in hearing if anyone has made it even remotely close to that mark without a warranty issue.

They seem to be popular amongst the kayak crowd solely based on the massive weight savings they provide. Maybe a seasoned yakker can chime in here.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.