LiTime Lithium Batteries

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Is anyone out there using them or know someone who is? They seem to get decent review by some YouTubers but they also seem to sponsor a huge number of YouTubers as well so it’s hard to tell if it is just marketing or if some of these people are giving honest reviews.

I want to get a couple 36v 55ah batteries for my boat to replace the group 31 lead acids I have now but would like to hear if anyone is having trouble with them.

http://www.litime.com/products/36v-55ah-lithium-trolling-motor-battery

I may also get a 12v for my downriggers and electronics.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Bearcat has them in his boat, as far as I know he has no complaints.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve been running 2 12v 100ah batteries in my terrova and all season. I’ve put them to the test on a few trips and I am very pleased so far. As of now, I buy them again. But time will tell. I’d like to see how many years they will last.
    The sales they have sure makes the price right.

dbright
    Cambridge

I have had a 24v 100ah in my boat since 2 winters ago. It has been awesome so far and even over a weekend I have not killed it.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

BC, are yours connected in series or parallel? A lot of people are recommending hooking these in parallel for various reasons. Looks like the cost of 12v is much less than the 24v and 36v so I can see why people connect them in series.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

BC, are yours connected in series or parallel? A lot of people are recommending hooking these in parallel for various reasons. Looks like the cost of 12v is much less than the 24v and 36v so I can see why people connect them in series.

These are hooked to make 24v for my terrova. I ran them 3 long days on rainy in the cold and didn’t kill them or have any power loss. Same with on a few other trips. Currently using them on vermillion as I type this.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I have 3 redodo 100ah lithiums in series running my terrova. I ran them for 14 hours trolling on lake michigan (speeds 4-6) without running them dead. I’d definitely buy them again. The pricing is now comparable to good lead acids.

isu22andy

How do they handle sitting in an unheated garage then when it’s finally up around 32 – hitting the river ? That’s my biggest hang up with them so far

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve had three litime batteries since last fall. No issues with winter fishing. Love them.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

How do they handle sitting in an unheated garage then when it’s finally up around 32 – hitting the river ? That’s my biggest hang up with them so far

They handled early season for me great. I would throw a heated blanket on them for 30 to 45 minutes before I plugged them in. I fish alot of cold weather.
    When my boat actually gets parked near Xmas I will bring them inside. My boats out side 24 7 next to my garage. I fish the river at ice off and up to the point I can’t. They have been great so far

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have 3 redodo 100ah lithiums in series running my terrova. I ran them for 14 hours trolling on lake michigan (speeds 4-6) without running them dead. I’d definitely buy them again. The pricing is now comparable to good lead acids.

That’s a big boat they are pushing. 4 to 6 is pretty impressive, especially 14 hours.

CBMN
    North Metro

I bought two 12 volts 100 ah heated LiTime batteries around a month ago but have not tested them yet. The price was really good around the 4th of July/Amazon Prime day. I will get the first use this weekend Matt.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Thanks for the replies. I’m glad to see others trying them out. Havent heard anything negative about them yet. Looks like I’m going to get a couple as well.

Stanley

I don’t have a litime brand but I have a 24v single lithium battery and the run time on them is crazy. I don’t think you will be disappointed switching to lithium.

mojogunter

Keep in mind the if you had two 36v 55aH wired in parallel you would have a 110ah run time. You would have to run 3 – 12v 110aH in series to get to 36v and would have 110aH of run time. If you just ran3 12v 55aH in series you would have only a 55aH run time. Because of this it normally isn’t cheaper to run 3 12v. I was told when I bought my batteries to go with 36v by all three companies I talked to about it.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Keep in mind the if you had two 36v 55aH wired in parallel you would have a 110ah run time. You would have to run 3 – 12v 110aH in series to get to 36v and would have 110aH of run time. If you just ran3 12v 55aH in series you would have only a 55aH run time. Because of this it normally isn’t cheaper to run 3 12v. I was told when I bought my batteries to go with 36v by all three companies I talked to about it.

Thats exactly what I am seeing as well. Although, 3 12v 100ah batteries is only $698 compared to 2 36v 55ah WITH 25A CHARGER ($1080) or a 36v 100ah ($1029)

Some other advantages are that if a battery quits on you, you can run your trolling motor off just one battery. Also, you only need a single bank 36v charger to charge multiple batteries. And, LiTime has a 25 amp charger which I would imagine could charge them full in just a few hours.

I am also seeing that they recommend that you should only charge your batteries right before you plan to use them. Otherwise you are supposed to store them at less than 80% charge.

robby
    Quad Cities

Dumb Dumb question here. Do I have to buy a special charger or can I charge with the on-board charger that I have now? Thanks for your help.

jon_wbl

Dumb Dumb question here. Do I have to buy a special charger or can I charge with the on-board charger that I have now? Thanks for your help.

You need a charger that supports the higher charging voltage of Lithium batteries

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>robby wrote:</div>

You need a charger that supports the higher charging voltage of Lithium batteries

Correct. Not every charger is compatible with lithium batteries. I know for a fact mine aren’t. They specifically say for lead acid or AGM use only right on the product.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just fished Thursday to today at noon with no access to charge. Batteries lasted alot of hours. 30 plus I’d guess. I’m very pleased with them

slough

Seems I’ve seen some things that the Li batteries can be hard on older trolling motors, much truth to that?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Seems I’ve seen some things that the Li batteries can be hard on older trolling motors, much truth to that?

They started with my motorguide x15 and did great. But I upgraded to the advanced GPS terrova early season.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thank you. I wonder how much the chargers run.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thank you. I wonder how much the chargers run.

I bought a lithium, agm, lead charger for under 200 bucks

btyreprich
    Rhinelander, WI

I have owned my Litime batteries ( 2 of them) for a year now.
    Used extensively a few weeks ago on Lake Sakakawea.
    No complaints at all with their performance and I would definitely buy again.
    Their on-line reviews & great price point convinced me to buy this brand.
    My friend has Battle Born which he is pleased with as well. I just didn’t want to spend that kind of money.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

The issue you may be talking about is voltage drop and rebound differences between AGM/Flooded and LI batteries. If you crank your trolling motor up to a 10 a flooded battery voltage will drop, then will slowly rebound to a normal voltage once you kill the motor or drop the speed. If you do this on a LI battery the voltage will not drop, or very little at all. Too high of voltage for an extended period of time can burn the motor out. No real issues with short bursts, 25-30 seconds.

Also, virtually all on-board battery chargers with a AGM setting will charge a LI battery, they just will not charge them to 100% capacity. If you have a AGM setting on your charger, then it will most likely get your LI battery to 80-90%. Storing a LI battery below 100% normally(depends on your battery, check your manual) will not cause any harm to the LI battery like it can with a flooded battery, which you want to keep at 100%. Most LI manufacturers want you to store a LI battery at around 80%. Even leaving a LI battery for a few weeks at 50% will, in most cases, cause absolutely no harm.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t push my trolling motor higher then 8 for speed, if I need to do that I’ll big motor. I was told not to run on 10 as well so even with the brand new terrova, I still don’t run it past 8

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I don’t push my trolling motor higher then 8 for speed, if I need to do that I’ll big motor. I was told not to run on 10 as well so even with the brand new terrova, I still don’t run it past 8

Is this true? I have heard of it before, but there are times I have needed/wanted to run mine at 10, say pulling lead on the river. Yes I could run the big motor and sometimes do but with the big motor I struggle to keep it under 2 mph, were with the troller I can dial in 1.8 lets say, but if its windy and I have lets say less than full battery at times I have dialed it up to 10.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

If you have a Terrova Quest, then you’re good to run at a 10 with a LI battery. Those are designed to be used with LI batteries.

And easy way to know if you have a Quest TM is it’s dual voltage capable. So it can run on either 24 or 36 volts. If it’s only 24 or 36 volts, then stick with your current plan and keep it at a 8 or lower.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Is this true? I have heard of it before, but there are times I have needed/wanted to run mine at 10, say pulling lead on the river. Yes I could run the big motor and sometimes do but with the big motor I struggle to keep it under 2 mph, were with the troller I can dial in 1.8 lets say, but if its windy and I have lets say less than full battery at times I have dialed it up to 10.

With a non-quest unit and running a LI battery, yes he is correct. If you are running a AGM or Flooded, then run away at higher speed settings.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.