Lithium Battery Charger Question

• crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

So I bought an Amped 24v. battery this spring for my Terrova. It came with a charger. Since I eliminated a battery from my compartment, I’m thinking of adding an Amped 12v lithium dedicated to power all my H-bird graphs. Will I have to get one with a charger, or is there a way to charge off my current charger, or is there a better 2 bank charger for lithium batteries that I should add instead?

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I know for my amped 12v 60amp hour battery came with a charger. I also have a 24v amped battery and im pretty sure you shouldnt use your current charger for the 12v. I could be wrong though.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

You cannot use the 24v charger to charge a 12v battery.

Amped does sell muti-voltage chargers, so a bank with 24v or 36v and a bank or 12v. If you just want to simplify and use one charger, you couple pick one of those chargers with your new battery and sell the current 24v charger you have.

I’m not sure if the specific battery you are looking at will come with a charger. But if it does, I assume it’s a temporary charger, meaning it’s not waterproof and not intended to be left in the boat like an onboard charger.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

I did just go through a warranty claim with MinnKota, they blamed my Amped 24V for toasting my non-brushless motor (2023 Terrova). I thought it was brushless in 2023 but I guess I was wrong. They did replace it but Im not sure who the guilty party is here, other than a lack of confidence in any trolling motor quality.

mojogunter

I did read that the non brushless(non quest motors) can’t handle the lithium if they run at full or near full power for an extended period of time, because the lead acid has a voltage drop at full power where the lithium do not drop.

I did just go through a warranty claim with MinnKota, they blamed my Amped 24V for toasting my non-brushless motor (2023 Terrova). I thought it was brushless in 2023 but I guess I was wrong. They did replace it but Im not sure who the guilty party is here, other than a lack of confidence in any trolling motor quality.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.