Lite Flite Re-drilling?

• GoldWinger

James or?
    How well does/will the Lite Flite work on re-drilling holes? Much of my fishing in stationary house on LOW

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

I don’t know about the Lite Flite but, my Ion re-drills holes great! That was the main reason I bought it was for the ease of use in my skid house. It’s literally effortless.

B-man

It looks like it has the Lazer design which is NOT good for reopening old holes (too aggressive).

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Save your breath Bman, SM guys will never admit that devil

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’ve been reopening holes with my 6″ and 8″ lazer bits for a hell of a long time…Maybe I misunderstood ? But for the past 20 + years with the 6″ lazer hand auger thru a series of power augers to the 40v I have today.. never had an issue reopening holes with 6″ and 8″ bits …

I’ll be using the Lite-Flite 6″ bit this year.. I’ll see for myself…I do not have any time on the ice with the New Lite Flite yet..

curleytail

I’m a Strikemaster guy. I tried to reopen holes with my Lazer Pro once for a guy in a wheelhouse in a bind. It didn’t work. Really struggled to get one or 2 opened for him. Auger mostly bound up.

Unless the pitch is different on the synthetic auger, I’d be surprised if they opened old holes very well.

Tucker

Matthew Sandys

I know others are better for reopening holes but if you go slow it works pretty well to reopen. Crank the throttle up and it is not good. I know a lot of people try to go wide open and rip threw it.

purehd
    Newport mn

I’ll 2nd that even if it lazer blades it shouldn’t be a problem reopen old holes.. I run a 7 inch lazer on my 18v drill and can reopen old holes all day!

B-man

Not all old holes are equal either.

If they’re frozen back solid or 90% closed off Lazer blades are fine.

It’s when you try to re-open a partially shrunken hole that Lazer blades suck. It’ll work, but there are better options if that’s your main objective.

You can pound a nail in with a rock, but a hammer works so much better (shaver or chipper blades).

I’m not bashing Lazer augers, just stating facts. I think it’s really hard on them (and your wrists too).

It’s not just a Strikemaster thing either, I’ve owned an Eskimo with the Lazer blades that had the same issues.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Bman, strike 2. They will never give in to a shaver, especially if it says Ion it. In their world speed rules.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Not all old holes are equal either.

If they’re frozen back solid or 90% closed off Lazer blades are fine.

It’s when you try to re-open a partially shrunken hole that Lazer blades suck. It’ll work, but there are better options if that’s your main objective.

You can pound a nail in with a rock, but a hammer works so much better (shaver or chipper blades).

I’m not bashing Lazer augers, just stating facts. I think it’s really hard on them (and your wrists too).

It’s not just a Strikemaster thing either, I’ve owned an Eskimo with the Lazer blades that had the same issues.

I’m right along side you on this one B-man. You said it well in that not all things are equal.

And also, like many other threads…you’ll get reports that are polar opposite of each other.

And FWIW, I too had major difficulty in trying to reopen holes with the lazer blades. Maybe it’s something in the technique? crazy

curleytail

Bman, strike 2. They will never give in to a shaver, especially if it says Ion it. In their world speed rules.

Who is this “they” you speak of and what is your angle here?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.