Line Cutterz

• ThunderLund78

Not sure if anyones familiar, but they just opened a shop in downtown Savage. They started on Shark Tank by getting buy-in on a handy line cutting tool and now they have a full retail shop mostly selling fishing accessories and apparel with a focus on Kayak angling (including kayaks), but also have rods, lures, etc. I think I will check them out later today. I’ve never used the tool that they started with, but they look kind of handy and they appear to be growing a really cool brand. Anyone else check them out?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I bought some at the last show. They cut braid really well.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That is awesome! I believe one of the regular posters here work with them at the ice fishing show or something like that. Vance the owner, is an awesome guy from MN or western WI I believe, and has donated LineCutterz to a number of events that I had inquired about back in the day, including the Unofficial Official Ice Fishing Get Together on ML that never was due to early ice out. I’ll definitely check out the store asap.

ThunderLund78

Definitely a cool entrepreneurial venture. The pictures of the store online make it look like a pretty neat place. Can’t wait to see it in-person.

–And too bad House of Gloor ended their kitchen residency at Niesen’s next door, would’ve been great to grab a burger while in the neighborhood, too.

Jimmy Jones

I bought a few at the fair last year for gifts. They are a handy little tool and cut braid like its nothing.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They came on my striker apex suit. One on the bibs and one on the jacket. They are a solid ok product. I find a knife to be better for cutting the tag end shorter, mt one i bought with a little sciccor nipper seemed to wear out and wouldnt cut my braid after like 10 outings. but big props to these guys for being successful.

KP
    Hudson, WI

They are from River Falls WI but operate out of Texas. They have been at ICAST the past couple of years and their booth sure gets a lot of traction. They had some Trump and Biden Lures that were pretty funny that they were giving out.

Ripjiggen

Have the originals on my rails of boat. Work great for quick cutoffs.

Jimmy Jones

I actually received a free sample from the party/member mentioned earlier a year or so before I found them at the fair and still have that one on the outside rim of a 5 gallon bucket that holds my crappie gear. That pail has been around the block a time or two and that cutter is still there doing what they say it will.

ThunderLund78

I swung in tonight. Cool place and they’re not even fully-stocked yet. Had a good conversation with Vance’s brother (I’m terrible with names), who will be running the MN location while Vance returns to run the Texas location after the State Fair. I bought the cutter that attaches to your cap brim with the snippers and the ceramic braid blade. I wish them huge success. As a kayak guy, it’s great to see a specialty shop in our area – they had some NICE yaks in there.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

They look a lot like a Boomerang and had 3 or 4 of those. All of mine went bad fast but I was in a mixed bag tourney league and used a lot of heavy braid. Those cheap little Rapala or even the cheap line scissors work the best for me.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Vance’s brother (I’m terrible with names),

Must of been Cullen. They are great guys and I hope their expansion in retail shops pays off for them. Catch Co tried it and I could be wrong but I think their Mall of America store already closed. That company grew fast and seems to be sinking fast.

ThunderLund78

Yes, thank you!!! Cullen! Great dude. It’s a little bit of an out-of-the-way location, two blocks off of 13 and not a huge high-traffic area, but near the main drag of downtown savage where there’s a lot of restaurants, etc.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.