Lindners boats

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Another perk of being on the Lund Pro Staff is free entry into a small field fishing tournament each year where boats are the prize. Lindner’s, Ted T, etc all show up. My buddy won a 10-15k fishing boat for 2nd or third (I dont recall) a few times. It was usually on Ottertail Lake.

He would get 20% discount on boat, motor, trailer and electronics. Finance it for 6 mo, sell at the end of the year. More often than not, it would be sold before he even picked it up in the spring and the buyer would have some input as to what they wanted.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I would say a pro fisherman is someone who fishes a national tournament circuit.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would say a pro fisherman is someone who fishes a national tournament circuit.

So then, being able to scratch a check for some entry fee’s makes you a professional? We all know tournaments are propped up by the 80% of the field that has no chance the day they enter. I think there is more to being a “professional” then having patches on a shirt.

I think a professional in the fishing industry has to be involved in the sale, manufacturing, marketing or support of a item. I don’t think a guy with a patch working a sport show for a handful of baits or a rod qualifies. However I would consider somebody like Brian Brosdahl with Northland Tackle or Jon Thelen with Alumacraft boats to be a professional fisherman.

Just my opinion.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

From the mn fishing hall of fame website

A top grade tournament bass fisherman in his own right, James has dominated the Canadian-American smallmouth bass circuit, with multiple first place wins on the KBI and FFBC. He also has wins and high finishes in many other events, both in freshwater and saltwater. Each year James Lindner accepts a limited, yet highly-attended series of speaking engagements.

So unless he fishes in BASS or MLF he doesn’t qualify as a professional?
    What about international?
    Personally I think he’d be the definition of a professional fisherman

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Personally I think he’d be the definition of a professional fisherman

I definitely would consider him a pro angler based on the information you posted about his career too. I had no idea he had those types of accolades under his belt. Honestly just thought he was a TV guy for In Fisherman.

MX1825

There are way more Prostaff fisherman than Professional fisherman. JMO

Pat K
    Empire, MN

When my son was a DNR intern he saw Al & James Lindner and their entourage drop a new Lund they had just picked up, on ramp near Brainerd. I guess Al’s previous trailer had been a bunk and the new one was a roller. He unhooked the strap and safety chain before backing up so the 1st time he tapped his brakes the new Pro-V rolled back and the stern slammed onto the ramp.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I guess Al’s previous trailer had been a bunk and the new one was a roller. He unhooked the strap and safety chain before backing up so the 1st time he tapped his brakes the new Pro-V rolled back and the stern slammed onto the ramp.

Yikes. Honestly after having bunks so long I could almost see myself doing that. shock

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

It says he is the owner, ceo, and executive director of lindner media. I’m guessing James doesn’t introduce himself as such, “Hi, I’m James, I’m a fishing pro.” Probably more along the lines of, “I run a media company in the outdoor industry.” I didn’t mean to get this conversation caught up in semantics. And dutchy, a guy wearing patches on his shirt and working a booth somewhere for a disount on crankbaits isn’t a pro either, only to the gullible and the uninitiated.

tswoboda

And dutchy, a guy wearing patches on his shirt and working a booth somewhere for a disount on crankbaits isn’t a pro either, only to the gullible and the uninitiated.

Do you even pro-staff, bro?

pro-staff = PROmotion-staff

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

It says he is the owner, ceo, and executive director of lindner media. I’m guessing James doesn’t introduce himself as such, “Hi, I’m James, I’m a fishing pro.” Probably more along the lines of, “I run a media company in the outdoor industry.” I didn’t mean to get this conversation caught up in semantics. And dutchy, a guy wearing patches on his shirt and working a booth somewhere for a disount on crankbaits isn’t a pro either, only to the gullible and the uninitiated.

So, He owns a (very successful)fishing media company.
    Is a successful tournament fisherman.
    Is a member of the mn fishing hall of fame. He also has pioneered many tactics used by the masses including the very popular “moping” (damiki/ strolling) rig that is dominating the bass tournament world right now.
    If he’s not a professional can you give an example of someone who is?

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

You guys have posted some good comments and got the wheels spinning. I’ll start a new thread so as not to hijack this one about boats.

Charles

Bigger question do we get the way points lol.

CaptainMusky

Bigger question do we get the way points lol.

Ha! My cousin’s husband bought some famous musky guide from Mille Lacs boat and all the waypoints were still on there. He doesnt fish muskies however LOL. I asked him to put them on a card and send them to me. Still waiting.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Posted this in another thread, but feel like it applies to this convo.
    It’s THP explaining it from the hunting side, but same thing applies.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.