Lindners boats

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Looks like Lindner media has their boats for sale. Anybody looking they have them on Walleye Central.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Linder or Lindner?

Jake
    Brainerd

Probably just switching brands like everyone else in the media game. Whoever is willing to give them a free or heavily discounted boat is the next best thing in the market.

CaptainMusky

I doubt they will be changing. THey have been with lund for eons.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I loved all their stuff growing up. Haven’t seen a show in eons.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I realized those boats are loaded with all the latest electronics, but man are Lund aluminum boat prices crazy. IMHO

munchy
    NULL

Probably just switching brands like everyone else in the media game. Whoever is willing to give them a free or heavily discounted boat is the next best thing in the market.

Nope, like I said, they always have boats for sale. They get new ones from Lund every year or two. Almost every single pro out there that is sponsored by a boat manufacturer gets a free or heavily discounted upgrade and sells the old one. That’s one of the perks of pimping yourself out to be a salesman.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Every pro? Discounted, yes. Free or heavily discounted? I highly doubt it. Lindners might be the exception with lund, but I highly doubt any “ranger pro” on the national walleye tour got a free ranger. I bet 99% of “pros” have something going with a dealership than the actual boat company.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

There used to be a lot of “Pro” deals out there. Not so many now. Most work like this:

Pro gets a new boat from the Dealer at the start of the new model year. So most would get a 2024 boat late 2023 or early 2024. The Pro would rig it or have it rigged however they want. They may also get steep discount on electronics and T-motors. The dealer holds title and the pro needs to pay off the boat end of tourney season. Typically Oct/Nov of that year The boat deal with the dealer varies, but can be as low as “At Cost” to the pro. When the Pro sells the boat, the buyer would typically get the new boat title and all warranties from the dealer. If the sale covers the dealer cost it’s a win – win for the dealer and Pro. Remember the Pro is rep-ing the dealer at tourney and boat shows. Hopefully steering business to the dealer over the season. (Free test boat rides to prospective buyers for example.) That is the dealer value.

The Lindner’s would probably be at the top tear of Pro’s working directly with Lund, not any specific dealer. They likely are taking Boats used at boat shows, rigging them, running them, and then selling them for Lund. I would assume there is a Win-Win there for Lund and the Lindners. I’m guessing these deals are kept private for a lot of different reasons. Could never imagine seeing a Lindner in any boat but a Lund.

-J.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

If you ever watch The Next Bite, look at the registration on the boats of Parsons and Kavajez. They are registered in Missouri. Guessing the are working out a deal similar to what Jon Jordan said.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Jon’s post on these pro staff boats is spot on from what I hear from guys in the business these days. The amount of discount will be different from one person to the next. I think the days of free boat deals is gone. There was a time that was the case but those days went away a fairly long time ago. The ideal situation for these guys these days is that they get enough discount on the boat and the accessories that they can sell them in the fall or over the winter for what they owe or slightly more and make a small amount from the deal. Then they start all over the next season or 2 seasons later on another one.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

If you ever watch The Next Bite, look at the registration on the boats of Parsons and Kavajez. They are registered in Missouri. Guessing the are working out a deal similar to what Jon Jordan said.

That’s because Johnny Morris(AKA White River Marine) owns them.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

The amount of guys getting a free boat is extremely small. It’s just a discount, and sometimes a defered payment. If the guy sells his boat at the end of the year and makes 20 bucks he’s coming out better than average. Honestly a lot of them still need to get a loan or pay upfront for the boats. No boat company wants to have to repo a boat from a delinquent “pro.” They want to make money selling their boats to them. Lindners, kvd, etc. are the exception.

Deuces

Once you get to a certain level of building up equity in any truck, boat/toy, it’s fairly equal payments on anything new you trade in for, especially on business items. I’m not the accountant here but when you take in depreciation it only makes sense to get a new ride every few years or however you have it setup w the irs man. I’d be curious to see the #’s and how it works for boats and pros, I’d be willing to bet it’s no different than guys getting new trucks every few years for a biz. Just part of the program of making the money work for you.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I’d be curious to see the #’s and how it works for boats and pros,

hah Favorite line – How do you make a million dollars as a pro angler? Start with two million.

-J.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Is James Lindner even a “pro” angler? He’s not on any pro tour to my knowledge. He’s just a co-host for In-Fisherman.

tswoboda

Is James Lindner even a “pro” angler? He’s not on any pro tour to my knowledge. He’s just a co-host for In-Fisherman.

Most “pro” deals or “pro” staff stands for Promotion, not Professional

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Gotcha

Obviously he’s a very good angler and a knowledgeable mind on varying subjects related to fishing multiple species. I just didn’t think he was a professional angler, which is what I thought we were referring to here.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Gotcha

Obviously he’s a very good angler and a knowledgeable mind on varying subjects related to fishing multiple species. I just didn’t think he was a professional angler, which is what I thought we were referring to here.

In my mind, a Professional Angler would be someone that gets paid to fish.

pro·fes·sion
    /prəˈfeSH(ə)n/
    noun
    1. a paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification

Nothing in that definition mentions the need to fish a Tournament. Also in my book, most tournament anglers are far from professional anglers.

AK Guy

I’ve bought two boats from guides after they used them for a season. I got a very good price, and it was much better than what I would have paid at a dealer. And, I liked that all the kinks had been worked out of the boat by the time I bought it. Both had hiccups (faulty pump, electronic and trailer issues) that did not have to be fixed by me. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a third boat from a guide.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So you’d call a guide a pro angler too? They’re getting paid to fish and to put clients on fish.

A profession is not the same as a professional. Lol

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

So you’d call a guide a pro angler too? They’re getting paid to fish and to put clients on fish.

A profession is not the same as a professional. Lol

OK derp derp.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    Gotcha

In my mind, a Professional Angler would be someone that gets paid to fish.

pro·fes·sion
    /prəˈfeSH(ə)n/
    noun
    1. a paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification

Nothing in that definition mentions the need to fish a Tournament. Also in my book, most tournament anglers are far from professional anglers.

Agreed.

Also, James Lindner used to and I believe still competes in the Canadian- American smallmouth circuit and I know he’s won the KBI (Kenora Bass International) at least once.

MX1825

A very good friend of mine used to fish the MWC Series. He had a deal with Mercury, Ranger, Croix, Berkley, etc. Almost all deals went away in the recession of 2008/9.
    Theses companies had deals on a scale of A, B, C, D etc.
    The top tier Pro got the A deal. The rest worked their way down the list to Pro Staff like a guide. Each deal had a discount of ??%.
    My friend got a new Ranger every year for several years. He claimed he made a couple thousand on each boat he sold. He was not on the best/top deal either. If a friend wanted to buy his boat at the end of the tournament season he would order it in the color, motor, layout you wanted with a 10k down payment at time of order. You could save at least 10k over buying from dealer but you didn’t get your boat till fall. Many of the people with deals never got one back when the economy picked back up in 2012. It was easy for Companies to not renew some of the deals.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

James lindner is not a pro fisherman, he works in the fishing industry. Anybody can fish in the KBI. I’ve always liked James, a good dude. MX was the closest to the money of everybody. I can’t tell you how many BS stories I’ve heard over the years about some bush league “pro” saying he gets a free boat. Complete lie. Before the economic crunch that happened 08/09 there were deals where pros, mostly bass fishermen, got a motor/hull at a disount (20%) on credit, i.e. free financing for 12 months. After obama got in, bubble burst, lots of defaults from “pros”, and repossession of rigs. The door closed after that, no free credit, payment up front, less discount. If anyone ever comes bragging about their free prostaff boat they got, they’re full of $hit. I managed a prostaff in the boating industry for 4 years. I’ve seen the books. The company made money on 95% of the sponsored anglers.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

So who is a professional angler then?
    If a guy who has made a living fishing for 40+ years, is a successful tournament angler, and is a member of the mn fishing hall of fame isn’t one then color me confused.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Not sure what difference it makes if someone is a pro, pro staff, professional, guide, youtuber, etc. If a dealer or manufacturer feels they’re gaining exposure by having an individual in their boat, a deal is going to be struck. Is Tom Boley a pro? He doesn’t fish tournaments that I’m aware of. But, I’m guessing that he likely got some sort of deal when he switched to a Warrior boat. Same applies to the Lindners.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

James lindner is not a pro fisherman, he works in the fishing industry. Anybody can fish in the KBI. I’ve always liked James, a good dude. MX was the closest to the money of everybody. I can’t tell you how many BS stories I’ve heard over the years about some bush league “pro” saying he gets a free boat. Complete lie. Before the economic crunch that happened 08/09 there were deals where pros, mostly <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass fishermen, got a motor/hull at a disount (20%) on credit, i.e. free financing for 12 months. After obama got in, bubble burst, lots of defaults from “pros”, and repossession of rigs. The door closed after that, no free credit, payment up front, less discount. If anyone ever comes bragging about their free prostaff boat they got, they’re full of $hit. I managed a prostaff in the boating industry for 4 years. I’ve seen the books. The company made money on 95% of the sponsored anglers.

What’s your definition of “pro”.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.