lime spreader

• dogs
    Hugo

Anyone know where one might be able to rent a lime spreader with at least a 300 lb hopper?

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Pearsons Sport Shop
    Address: 108 N Water St, Black River Falls, WI 54615
    Phone:(715) 284-9562

Little far for ya though. Rhino Limer is what they have. It holds 2000lbs. I’m sure someone closer to you has one.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Check a local coop/ seed dealer, grain mill. If they sell lime they sometimes have spreaders for rent. What area do you need it for?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

How big of an area are you doing? IMO, there’s kind of a minimum size area that makes sense to get an ag lime spreader in.

Pelletized lime is more expensive per ton, but when you factor in renting a spreader, the hassle factor, etc.

Grouse

dogs
    Hugo

5 acres near Webster wisconsin

deertracker

Do the 3-point cone shaped spreaders work for spreading lime?
    DT

dogs
    Hugo

yes they will, but they don’t drop down as nice as a drop spreader that sits inches over ground.

deertracker

I suppose you could loose a lot of material to wind with them.
    DT

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

You have to be careful apply lime with a 3 point fertilizer spreader. If there is any moisture at all the lime will clump up and jam the spreader. Taking a large volume of lime and compacting into the small space where it drops to the spreader will also cause jamming. It will work as long as you don’t completely fill the hopper, I wouldn’t go more than half full. Pelletized lime is obviously a different case and should work fine.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Anyone know where one might be able to rent a lime spreader with at least a 300 lb hopper?

I just use a lemon spreader and it seems to work just fine. Just trying to be less than helpful.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

My cousin has a excavation business in sand creek wi. He has a truck spreader if you want it spread that way. (Small area I know) but it would get done. Not sure what he charges.

dogs
    Hugo

My cousin has a excavation business in sand creek wi. He has a truck spreader if you want it spread that way. (Small area I know) but it would get done. Not sure what he charges.
    Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.