Life Jacket

• Norsky

Saw this on TV just now and took a picture, I could be wrong but it appears that one of the sheriffs from blue earth is sitting on the edge of the boat and not even wearing a life jacket, I hope it’s a life jacket that blends in perfectly with the exact same color as their uniform! You think they all would’ve learned from the DNR incident not long ago. That water is pretty cold and they are moving fast, and there’s always junk in the river. Law enforcement needs to safe out there!

Attachments:
    1. 09435191-CD13-4643-B800-E6B9303D5D0C.jpeg

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Have seen this in Central Wisconsin. Stopped by 2 wardens for license check and the driver had on a PFD but the guy leaning over the side checking our licenses didn’t have one on. My bil and I had our PFD’s on. When they were done and moving away (about 10 ft.) I asked him why he wasn’t wearing his Lifejacket and he got real huffy in a big hurry. Got a lecture before he left about boating laws etc.

grizzly
    nebraska

sure don’t look like a life jacket

tim hurley

Wearing a pfd is not the law so they do not have to wear one-do you know that police officers who are not in persuit are supposed to obey all traffic laws?
    Start watching for that if you want to have some fun!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Have seen this in Central Wisconsin. Stopped by 2 wardens for license check and the driver had on a PFD but the guy leaning over the side checking our licenses didn’t have one on. My bil and I had our PFD’s on. When they were done and moving away (about 10 ft.) I asked him why he wasn’t wearing his Lifejacket and he got real huffy in a big hurry. Got a lecture before he left about boating laws etc.

The reason I asked was the WDNR was having a BIG ad blitz at the time. On the radio, newspapers, pamphlets at license outlets, etc. Promoting/stating WEAR YOUR LIFEJACKET it does no good if not worn.

mojo

Illegal to sit on the gunwale in a boat that is underway also.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Illegal to sit on the gunwale in a boat that is underway also.

Exactly

munchy
    NULL

I’d always assumed it was a requirement by the department for their personnel to wear PFDs while on/near the water. A lot like many companies require safety glasses and earplugs in certain areas.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.