License Envelopes

• Sharon
    SE Metro

I didn’t realize how many of these I’d been collecting over the years… I probably have as many licenses in a folder somewhere as well. My favorite envelope of course is from Sportsman’s Warehouse. I miss that store! It’s fun to see what the old envelopes and licenses have on them, and I wish I would have kept my first license. It would be cool to have that all these years later, but I suppose you don’t think of that at the time. My FIL has a reg book from the late 70s. It’s funny to see how think the books back then! What is the oldest license or reg book that you guys have?

Attachments:
    1. envelopes.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Do they even give out envelopes anymore?

Well, they don’t online. LOL!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I have my Grandfather’s (your Great-grandfather’s) 1922 small game license. I don’t remember what they stated limits were, except that you could keep a lot of ducks in those days. And it specifically states that you can’t shoot Passenger pigeons! I thought they went extinct 60 million years ago with the dinosaurs. Pretty cool stuff.

X2 on Sportsman’s Warehouse. Bought a lot of stuff there years ago.

SR

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Do they even give out envelopes anymore?

Well, they don’t online. LOL!

Haven’t seen them for couple years, but figured they were out of them wherever I got it.

Gave up the envelope few years ago, goes in a ziploc baggie now and folded up, CO don’t have to pull it out, see right through, and doesn’t matter getting wet in the tackle bags.

Sharon
    SE Metro

A license from 1922, I think you might have the oldest there, Dad! I recall you showing that to me once before. That’s cool that you’ve kept it all these years.

Cabela’s and Fleet Farm still give out envelopes, but they’re from the store versus the DNR. I’ve heard mumblings that the DNR isn’t providing the envelopes anymore, but for places that distribute their own, it doesn’t really matter. I like the plastic one from Cabela’s. It doesn’t get all crinkled or wrinkled when wet.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Several years ago I had one of those envelopes in my wallet. I knew the fishing license was in there along with the boat registration. When I got the new license I got a new envelope and figured I’d just toss the old one. When I pulled the boar registration a twenty slipped out with it. I don’t even know why I put the money in there but what the heck it was like a mini pay-day for nothing. I could have easily tossed that envelope with the money in it.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Tom most likely an emergency bait fund for back when you used live bait or Beer Money

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Tom most likely an emergency bait fund for back when you used live bait or Beer Money

Probably. I quit using bait about 26-27 years ago. I don’t drink much but a Sharps or Odooles costs as much as a Bud…..if I stop somewhere to enjoy a cold one. Probably emergency plastic stash.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I have my grandfathers license from the 20s framed and hanging on the wall.

Nice Fella

Not only do I have the old envelopes, I still have the unused deer carcass tags inside them as well. sad

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Not only do I have the old envelopes, I still have the unused deer carcass tags inside them as well. sad

Bad shot, eh?

Sharon
    SE Metro

I have my grandfathers license from the 20s framed and hanging on the wall.

That’s a neat idea, John!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.