Leech Walleye Report

• Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

I have been on the water the last 6 days looking for walleyes for at least 70% of that time. I would call the bite inconsistent. I have had some very good days on shallow flats and I have had some bad days on shallow flats. I have had better fishing in deeper waters thanks goodness! Water from 27 to 34 feet seems to be holding some very nice walleyes although it has changed somewhat over the last couple days. We caught some nice fish shallow yesterday morning and into mid day only to find that bite die when you think it would get better in the evening and into the dark. Water temps are still ranging from 61 to 64 depending on where you look. I would bet the walleyes are just about ready to cut loose on the “big lake”.

Perch are hitting almost anything and musky fishing is still solid. Musky trips the next few days!

Attachments:
    1. Jingh-all-she-does-is-catch-fish.jpg

2. Jingh-9-22-16.jpg

3. Jingh-Again.jpg

4. Jingh-and-the-Guide.jpg

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Great report thx!

shady5

Do you offer fall night trolling trips?

Jonesy

Be up there Wednesday, hoping things get easier by then haha

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Give up on Rainy or do you bounce back & forth?

Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

Fall night trolling trips are great. You bet!

Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

Give up on Rainy or do you bounce back & forth?

Give upon Rainy? No way Dutchboy! How could you give up on Rainy!? Just re-focusing my efforts down in the Walker/Bemidji area for the fall and winter. But, yes I do still guide on Rainy anytime!

Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

The night bite has been more consistent for me the last couple days. Musky trips during the day kept me busy, but walleyes were still had at night.

Water temps still hovering between 61 and 63 most places. Leech might cut loose a bit by Wednesday… I have trips tomorrow and Tuesday. I will give you a fresh report. Wind is going to be nasty tomorrow…

Jonesy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Black98TransAm wrote:</div>

The night bite has been more consistent for me the last couple days. Musky trips during the day kept me busy, but walleyes were still had at night.

Water temps still hovering between 61 and 63 most places. Leech might cut loose a bit by Wednesday… I have trips tomorrow and Tuesday. I will give you a fresh report. Wind is going to be nasty tomorrow…

Have had some good times doing night trolling the last few years. Only have really trolled in 2 areas though. Looking at the weather and right now it’s forcasted to be upper 60’s when we are up there. Warmer than I want but hard to complain either way. Usually able to find some fish up there.

Ross Gunderson

Hey guys,
    I’m taking my wife up to Leech the weekend of October 7th-8th. Any tips for a newbie on the big lake? I have a 16.5 alumacraft competitor so I’m hoping I don’t get too beat up staying at sugar point resort. She said she would like to catch a nice walleye and a true jumbo perch. This will be our first time out since having our first kid so hoping her rods bends a few times. Thank you for any insight being I have never been on leech.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Save me some fish Ross! We are staying at Trappers Landing from 10/9-10/12

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

Thanks for the updated report!

Ross Gunderson

sounds like some massive rollers on the lake today so hopefully people will be out this week. Looking for any pointers. Hopefully the water temp can drop to the mid to upper 50’s by the 7th.

Jonesy

sounds like some massive rollers on the lake today so hopefully people will be out this week. Looking for any pointers. Hopefully the water temp can drop to the mid to upper 50’s by the 7th.

I would be surprised if it isnt upper 50’s by then.

Last year at this time I did the Walleye Central get together on Cass lake. Fishing was slow so I fished Leech. Water temps were 62 degrees. I came back 4 days later for my annual leech trip and the water was 60 degrees on Thursday and 57-58 by sunday.

Sounds good Deron. Its picking up on our end of the lake for walleyes now. Catching them from shore is always fun. Its been a good couple days from shore and near the shorelines here on the south end since the big northwest winds are blowing. Its been a good last 2 days.

Attachments:
    1. fallwalleyefishing1.jpg

2. walleyefromshore1.jpg

Jonesy

Sounds good Deron. Its picking up on our end of the lake for walleyes now. Catching them from shore is always fun. Its been a good couple days from shore and near the shorelines here on the south end since the big northwest winds are blowing. Its been a good last 2 days.

Josh are you going to be in the next few days? Might swing by to say hello (staying at northland).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.