Lead Core Line Depth Calculator App

• Mark Marks
    Oxford CT

Hi B-Man
    Thank You for showing interest.
    More than happy to discuss via ([email protected]) email.
    Forums have asked that I do not promote App.
    But for now please activate Sink lost factor when exceeding 3.9 colors which with #18 should show 43.5. feet depth.
    Other factors like Lead Core brand /type and even age if several years old.
    Reason for included compensator
    Consider too if you were trolling at just .3 mph faster the depth would have been via App 37.2’
    Go to http://webeggheads.com and see an actual test performed twice.
    Look forward to your email.

B-man

Hi B-Man
    Thank You for showing interest.
    More than happy to discuss via ([email protected]) email.
    Forums have asked that I do not promote App.
    But for now please activate Sink lost factor when exceeding 3.9 colors which with #18 should show 43.5. feet depth.
    Other factors like Lead Core brand /type and even age if several years old.
    Reason for included compensator
    Consider too if you were trolling at just .3 mph faster the depth would have been via App 37.2’
    Go to http://webeggheads.com and see an actual test performed twice.
    Look forward to your email.

Okay, I reinstalled and played with it after activating the “sink lost factor”.

It’s much, much closer to what I’ve experienced myself (but still seems a little deeper than what I have found).

Why is that function not automatically activated when showing 4+ colors?

Mark Marks
    Oxford CT

Hi B-Man
    Your question is fair. The fault is on me and here’s the reason. When Sink Lost Factor is not activated you will see you have the option to enter speed and depth and get the needed colors out to obtain that depth. You also have the option to enter colors out and get depth. However the desire depth entry feature will start losing its accuracy at most trolling speeds when colors out exceeds 3.9. I wanted to have that depth entry as a feature so I could quickly get a very close idea on how many colors to let out. However incorporating the effects of the line starting to flatten is not linear and had to be done for every .1 of a mph. This was very time consuming and required hours and hours of programming. To apply this effect on both Depth entry and color entries and match them up would have taken weeks and I really didn’t need that.
    So I had the app turn off the depth entry feature when seeking extended color accuracy. I see now it can be confusing. I’ll have to come up with a note or pop up for the next upgrade. For now I’ll make a stronger mention of it on the Google description.
    You can see now why I asked you to email me, explanations can be long. There are other questions you may have if so please email me and I will try to respond quickly.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I got tired of doing the math on the fly so I made this table, laminated.

Works awesome when combined with calibrated line counters

Attachments:
    1. CameraZOOM-20180509100607509.jpg

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

FishBlood, thanks for the spreadsheet. Very nice of you to share your knowledge. I have been using leadcore the last few years and only have a few depths and speeds figured out. I look forward to using your information.

Jayde Lysne

Hi Thanks for sharing your depth calculator. Could you email me a copy please, and also do you have one for the Suffix performance at 5′ per color @ 2mph?

Please email [email protected]

Thanks I am willing to donate for your time to a paypal address

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.