Largemouth in Chisago

• hot tamale

Been out fishing Green Lake in Chisago a few times this week and it’s been very slow. Any tips for Green Lake or fishing bass this time of the season in general?
    Caught a couple on wacky rigs and chatter bait in shallow water reeds and under docks but that’s about it. Been mainly trying the shoreline west of the south boat launch. Are we post-spawn already?

Anything helps! Thanks

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Are we post-spawn already?

I can’t specifically comment on the that lake you mentioned but I think Bearcat and maybe Mahtofire might be able to help you in that specific area.

All of the bass I have been catching as recently as Monday were still definitely prespawn, and I was fishing south of you. Both the smaller males and bigger females had plum full bellies. The water temp was 66 where I was on Monday morning.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

When I used to fish Green I would work shore lines with a crank bait or jerk bait. Try all the way up in little Green I used to launch there and not even start the big motor.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Prespawn last week still. Have t been out since. Personally for me I wouldn’t waste my time on shore lines on green right now. You’ll catch 100 1 pound dinks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.