Lakes with the best night bite

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Anyone have suggestions for Lakes with a good night bite? I’ve been known to throw back a few and I’m looking for a lake where me and the boys can do this while catching a few fish here and there. I know red has been known to have a good bite after dark, just looking to make a list of possible destinations this year.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t know if there is a significant difference from one lake to the next. Heck LOW has the worst night bite reputation, but I’ve caught plenty of fish after dark there including my PB through the ice (27″). Leech and Mille Lacs are very good options, and one benefit of them over Red (imo) is they have a lot more structure to run around to during the day.

bobberstop4054

red lake has been on fire all fall! 3 hour runs getting our limits!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Crappie, hard or soft water?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

LOL,
    Sorry I quit drinking a couple weeks ago.

Red has a decent bite, I have a nephew that live on Mntka and he gets a lot of eyes at night. LOTW not so good but as Werm says the do bite at night, few and far between but they do bite.

Nicholas Carter
    Saint Cloud, Minnesota

I love fishing on Leech for a good night bite. We can usually pull up a few walleyes throughout the night!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Definitely hard water. I’ll have a few beers in the boat but I won’t throw em back like I do in a sleeper on ice.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Sorry I quit drinking a couple weeks ago.

shock
    Beer is about the only thing I catch lately hah

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20161115_215006054.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Nick, how do you fillet the bud light cans?
    and FYI – I start drinking on T-day again. Can’t wait. toast

Hoyt4
    NULL

Red would be my lake for night bite. I had my house on Mille Lacs for years it was never close to how good Red is at night. Had good nights on Mille Lacs but for consitent bite I would go with Red.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

@hoyt4 SHHHH don’t let the secret about Red Lake out….NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT )

Kyhl
    Savage

Red is the perfect party lake. Stay up late hootin’ and hollerin’ while catching fish. Skip the light morning bite, sleep in, go into shore for a late breakfast. Note, bring your own picante sauce if you like it on eggs. Might want a jar per day because everyone will want to share. Have a late afternoon fish fry then start it all over. Quiet is helpful for the daytime bite.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.