lake winnipeg map

• plharroun

anyone have any experience using the AEM Chip for lake Winnipeg or know of any other manufacturer releasing a chip this year?

Cameron white

anyone have any experience using the AEM Chip for lake Winnipeg or know of any other manufacturer releasing a chip this year?

Yep. Used it all last season( it’s my home lake.) Hummingbird says they are in the process of mapping the south basin, it’s a lot of work so I’m not sure it will be done. The red is mapped both for bird and lowrance.

Red Eye

AEM? What units can these be ran in?

Cameron white

AEM? What units can these be ran in?

Lowrance only. Bird wouldn’t share their software with them to program it for hummingbird.

richsn
    SE/NW WI

“Yep. Used it all last season( it’s my home lake.) Hummingbird says they are in the process of mapping the south basin, it’s a lot of work so I’m not sure it will be done. The red is mapped both for bird and lowrance. “

Cam,

How’d you like the AEM chip??

Rich

Cameron white

“Yep. Used it all last season( it’s my home lake.) Hummingbird says they are in the process of mapping the south basin, it’s a lot of work so I’m not sure it will be done. The red is mapped both for bird and lowrance. “

Cam,

How’d you like the AEM chip??

Rich

Amazing. The amount of structure and detail is pretty impressive. I’ll post a couple screen shots when I get home in the morning.

plharroun

Thanks for the info cam. I’ll be buying one for sure.

richsn
    SE/NW WI

Thanks for the info cam. I’ll be buying one for sure.

Yeah, think I’ll invest in one too.

Thanks Cam!

plharroun

Got my chip today!!! found a steal of a deal $45 for a brand new chip shipped!! cant wait for march!!!

Cameron white

Big fish in the river already. My son in law hit four over 28” last Sunday.

richsn
    SE/NW WI

Got my chip today!!! found a steal of a deal $45 for a brand new chip shipped!! cant wait for march!!!

Where? (PM me if necessary)

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Frustrating Humminbird won’t play ball with AEM. Is Navionics map anygood?

Mat Peirce
    Inactive
    SE Iowa

why would they play ball with AEM when they’re mapping the lake themselves?

Cameron white

Frustrating Humminbird won’t play ball with AEM. Is Navionics map anygood?

no. It’s no where near accurate. It’s all extrapolated data from an algorithm, based on the sounding done in the 50’s.

MNBOWHUNTIN

Cam, do you have any screen shots from the map?

Cameron white

Here you go.

Attachments:
    1. AD3A194C-6D4C-45D2-8891-AE223C6AD79A.jpeg

Cameron white

The mouth.

Attachments:
    1. 98DD2B73-509C-4407-9284-7339935C9EFB.jpeg

Cameron white

Random structure in the middle of the lake.

Attachments:
    1. E98B617A-76AC-4F18-91B6-A1336500E8AC.jpeg

richsn
    SE/NW WI

Very nice, thanks for posting Cam.

As I understand, the color palette/highlighting is “pre-set” by AEM, correct?

Cameron white

Very nice, thanks for posting Cam.

As I understand, the color palette/highlighting is “pre-set” by AEM, correct?

Yep.

HelloHines

What is a decent Lowrance unit that doesn’t break the bank to purchase specifically for the GPS/lake maps (i have a fl28 already so won’t need unit for a flasher) that I can mount on my snowmobile/ATV?

I fish mille lacs, red, lotw, and starting a annual trip to Winnipeg in March of 2020.

Thanks!

Cameron white

What is a decent Lowrance unit that doesn’t break the bank to purchase specifically for the GPS/lake maps (i have a fl28 already so won’t need unit for a flasher) that I can mount on my snowmobile/ATV?

I fish mille lacs, red, lotw, and starting a annual trip to Winnipeg in March of 2020.

Thanks!

I would go for a hook 5 at a minimum. The 7 is perfect for viewing on your sled or quad. Do not buy a hook with an X at the end… those are gps only and do not support mapping. You can find lots of decent used units on fb.

richsn
    SE/NW WI

Thanks!

AEM has confirmed that the Lowrance HDI units will work with this chip and there are two NIB of them for sale in IDO classifieds.

(I’M the seller and I’m keeping whichever one doesn’t sell first to use exactly for this purpose for myself)

Thanks!
    [/quote]

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.