Lake Sinai, SD

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has fished Lake Sinai SD? I fish it often in open water and there are plenty of big crappie and walleye in there. I just wanna know where to go on ice and how to get them to hit. I got skunked the last weekend I went.

tornadochaser

The ice is sketchy (not that it’s ever great any winter). Heave right near the north public access. Not sure if anybody plowed or busted drifts on any of the NW or SW flooded roads to get onto the lake that way.

Sinai is like any number of lakes in SD. Clean water and full of structure. Lots of shallow feeding areas you can target eyes after dark.
    Personally, I don’t really target the crappies out there in the winter; I don’t like catching small ones and deciding whether to keep them or try to release them when caught in more than 20′ of water hoping they don’t die. That becomes a real problem when the fish are schooled up in the main basin but holding near the bottom.

Thanks, I was out there Sunday and ice wasn’t that bad. Been cold all week so hoping that ice is thicker. I’m gonna fish to the east side of ramp to see if I can get those night time eyes do you think they will move in there?

Hello, wondering if anyone has been out on lake Sinai yet this year? Any news on what’s been happening?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.