Lake Michigan Salmon!!!

• B-man

Who’s been and who’s going??

The Boys are stoked for our trip next week, we’ve spent the day checking our gear (found a couple nicked up leaders), sharpening hooks and upgrading some boat lighting.

All the rods and gear are ready, and the trip can’t come soon enough yay

We’re fishing out of Kewaunee next Wednesday-Sunday over the 4th. If you’re going to be in the area lemme know so we can share reports.

We had a blast last year for their first trip, so much fun seeing them getting their asses kicked by pizzed off kings rotflol

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240629-160849.png

Dave maze
    Isanti

I’ll be out of algoma the 5th and 6th. Let me know how the bite is down there.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Just got back from port Washington 2 weeks ago, did pretty well down there. We fished Kewaunee last July towards the end of July, they did well over there over the fourth last year. Pretty awesome over there!

troutbum
    St. Paul

My buddy is a full time guide outta Baileys. Says the salmon numbers and size are better than last summer.

Gopherhawk

Jealous! I need to get over there and do it, been threatening for years. Do you do an airbnb or camp? What rod spread do you typically run?

isu22andy

I got 500 dollars worth of gear bought for a first timer going out of Algoma July 16-21 . Hoping the weather cooperates for a 18 footer . Running a spread of dipseys and boards . Only have 8 spoons and 6 flashers flys Budget fishing ! Could hire a guide but what’s the fun in that .

Need a few rods yet – contemplating running a few catfishing rods I got . Line counters will be restrung walleye line counters with 50 lb braid and lead core setups .

Gopherhawk

The berkley big game rods work well so I’d imagine that catfish rods will too.

I’ve been slowly working my way into the big water, braid dipseys and 2,4,6 color lead for Superior is what I’m running now. Don’t quite have the time or the confidence to go over to LM, yet.

mojogunter

I will be fishing out of Kewaunee July 4-6.

Bill Mundt

Just finished a Derby in Port. Was a little lumpy all weekend but Fishing is very good. Seems to be a lot of 20lb-22lb salmon around. Also lots of little kings starting to show up and replace the coho. Kings preferred FF’s Better spoon bite up a little higher for Rainbows, lakers and smaller kings and coho. No color or presentation stood out.

Good luck

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

We had our best trip ever June 21-22. 44 fish in 2 days with the biggest at 26 lbs. We’re heading back over July 9-14.

Good Luck! I hope you and the boys get on some big ones.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.