Lake maps

• Chris Hesselberg
    Holmen Wi

I have a helix 5 di GPS and looking to buy a micro card for it. Any maps that are better or are they pretty much the same? Thanks any info is great!

David Blais

Lakemaster! The only way to go

I have two graphs side by side and I have a navonics chip in one and lakemaster in the other. Lakemaster has way more detail. Example. Wing dams on pool 4. Navonics has about half of them.

Hope this is helpful to you and your motor

munchy
    NULL

Definitely Lakemaster, just prepare for lag with the Helix 5 when loading maps.

Also I’d suggest updating the Helix’s OS first thing before use.

munchy
    NULL

http://www.humminbird.com/Support/MyHumminbird/

Go here, create an account, enter your units info. There is very easy instructions to follow as well.

You will need a blank micro SD card and SD card reader also.

My unit was like two or three versions behind when I bought it last fall. The performance has improved dramatically since the update.

KirtH
    Lakeville

You may want to consider Navionics+, it covers all of US and Canada with Nautical Charts or base maps, you download the High Def SonarChart layer for the area or areas that you fish. You can have multiple high def areas, and the base map for all of US and Canada.

Go the web app at this link and preview the lakes you fish, click on the Icon on the lower left corner for the High Def SoanrChart layer. https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#@6&key=%7B~pqGv%7BfxP

Lake maps vary amongst manufactures you can look at Navionics before you buy vs guessing.

I can get you an example if you share a lake that you want to see.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Let’s ask the important question, where do you need it to work? MN, SD, Wi, Ontario? Sometimes they’re both good and other times one shines over the other.

Chris Hesselberg
    Holmen Wi

Mostly La Crosse area pool 7 and 8 on Mississippi river and back waters.

Chris Hesselberg
    Holmen Wi

Thanks munchy will give it a try. Mine was new last spring so interested on seeing what happens

KirtH
    Lakeville

Mostly La Crosse area pool 7 and 8 on Mississippi river and back waters.

Its really hard to figure out where you are looking at its so much water. The easiest thing is to go to the web app, zoom in and click not the icon on the lower left corner of the high def view

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.