Lake is calm and I'm struggling

• Jonesy

Up at leech right now and the wind died. Made me realize my ultimate weakness with leech. I have no idea how to fish this lake in the fall when it’s glass calm out. Any tips or tricks anyone is willing to share?

sjhauge
    Elgin, MN

Jon, best place to start is on the water. Can’t catch em from the keyboard. Just kiddin….Where was the last wind from ??? Might be a good place to start and maybe a little deeper because of the light Good Luck.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

A “little birdy” told me yesterday afternoon in the calm water trolling lead core and 5’s in 12-14ft. of water on the “flats” produced some good fish/action…not surprising.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Up at leech right now and the wind died. Made me realize my ultimate weakness with leech. I have no idea how to fish this lake in the fall when it’s glass calm out. Any tips or tricks anyone is willing to share?

You can’t have the bait within 10 yards of the boat in shallow CALM water and expect the fish to stay there. Keep the jigs a LONG cast from the boat…??? ( or bobbers or crank baits or??)

“Envision”/anticipate what is happening and it get’s easier.

Tom Faklis

When it’s calm on Leech, go to the weeds.

Jonesy

Thanks for the help guys. Was able to find some but never got on a good bite. Will post a review of my long weekend in a separate post

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.