Lake City Boat Ramps Closing 6/26/24

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Lake City MN Public Works

Boat Landings Closing!
    With rising river levels, both Roschen and Hok Si La Park boat landings will be closed beginning Wednesday, June 26, 2024. No access will be allowed.

JEREMY
    BP

From what I gather here do you live on a houseboat? What do you do when it gets so high and trees and stuff floating everywhere?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

From what I gather here do you live on a houseboat? What do you do when it gets so high and trees and stuff floating everywhere?

Docks at the bar and gets his drink on. Little hope, little prayer, and lots of hamms

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

LOL! Jeremy, if I was going back to be Ella J tonight, I would need waders that are stored in my truck, to get to the docks. There’s about 4-5 people that live there all year long. This morning it was a dry walk but getting wetter as the water’s rising.

NORMALLY the trees will drift down stream on the RW side of the river. Other then that, I have about 6 large house boats to protect me.

The Ella J is classified as a cruiser and not a houseboat. Faster but with less room then a houseboat.

I’m leaving the river to you guys for a few days while my two cousins and I have a reunion in South Dakota chasing the wily prairie dogs.

If anyone is going out to the river, this would be a good time to get in the habit of wearing a PFD and boating with a partner. If you’re a river newbie, stay home.

Stay dry folks!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Looks like around 16′ is when the ramps close. Hopefully it don’t get too out of hand out there.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

For my side gig, I was on a job site today measuring for windows in Lake City and delivered some materials to a place outside Maiden Rock.

The “no wake” thing is a joke. I saw 3 or 4 jet skis, a guy wakeboarding behind a probably 20-22’ Natutique, and probably 15-20 fishing boats running around as usual.

They went No Wake to protect property from wakes…when there are already laws on the books about owning your wake and being responsible for the damages/danger it causes. Make it make sense

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It’s cool…..When they T-bone a giant tree they might figure it out?

Kind of the natural selection process. My guess is these boaters are ignorant or arrogant? Maybe both?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.