Lake Benton sw mn

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Looking for any reports on fishing and or conditions for lake travel. I’m thinking of heading down on Friday. If you know of a reliable bait shop in the area that gives reports I’d love to know that as well. Thank you!

tornadochaser

Lake Benton resort right east of the ramp in town. Give them a call for conditions.

You’ll want minnows. Gas station doesn’t sell them anymore, but the resort does. I suggest getting crappie minnows somewhere on the way though rather than the mixed scoops of bigger fatheads from the resort.

You’ll want red spikes too; buy them in bulk because you’re going to catch 100 perch under 7″ for every keeper you get if you fish all day. Don’t quit at sundown either…

Pailofperch

Thanks Tornado.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Please post up how you do there or send me a PM… I have not been on that lake for 25 or 30 years but I used to spend every weekend there… often times thought of going back. Would love to know if the fishing is decent enough to make a trip worth while.

Pailofperch

Sorry guys, my group fell apart last night, so instead of trying a new lake I took my son to big stone which was a 2 hour drive instead of 3 to Benton. I’m fairly familiar with Big Stone, and will try Benton when my “team” can go. Fishing was so so. No big bluegills, lots of sniffers and small perch. Did get enough decent sized ones for fun and a meal.

What type of water and depth are we trying to look for on lake Benton? I’ve never been there before and I’m taking to people out for their very first time. I want them to have the best chance to catch something!

tornadochaser

What type of water and depth are we trying to look for on lake Benton? I’ve never been there before and I’m taking to people out for their very first time. I want them to have the best chance to catch something!

From what I’ve found it’s been more about weather and time of day rather than depth and location. I’m not going to post in anymore detail on an open forum, the lake is getting enough pressure as it is.

Erik Kari

How are conditions on Lake Benton as of 02/11/2022? I may be heading down on Presidents day to take advantage of some good Perch fishing. Able to drive around on the lake? Thanks!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nevermind its not 2020

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.