Lake Assault Boats

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They use to be made in Ramsey and now are made in Superior Wisconsin.

Does anybody still run one of their boats? If I recall they were 90 hp. and 18′ long. It was a boat made along the lines of the River Boats made in the Northwest. Heavy aluminum construction. They use to advertise they could stop a Bullitt. They weren’t the prettiest boat around but you could never wear one out.

Anybody ever see one around?

Cody Meyers

I’ve not seen a recreational boat from them. I thought they made more work boats and rescue/coast guard boats?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yes that was the core while in Ramsey but they also made fishing boats there. Up in Superior they make the fire fighting & coast guard boats but I think they discontinued the fishing boats line all together. There was a member here years ago that had one but I don’t recall who he was or if he even stops in anymore.

I had hoped he was still around.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

I fish with a guy who runs a tiller, he was involved with the company in some way. The boat is a beast, ya definitely don’t worry about hitting stuff.

AK Guy

Iven on Mille Lacs use to run a Lake Assault boat.

Larson

I remember reading a first person story about have one sink on Lake Michigan or Huron,….Story ran in an outdoor magazine,…..

If you google Lake Assault Boat sinks you’ll get more answers than a buyer should be comfortable with,….

Ripjiggen

I think that guy was from Colorado that bought one and tricked it out. Can’t remember his name now but hasn’t posted in a while. Don’t think they make rec boats anymore.

milemark_714

I think it was Chris Tucker that ran one on Pool 4 and such?I looked into getting one back in 2005,a 16ft one.Built to order,fairly long build time and extremely expensive.For the price of one 16LACB,you could buy 2 Lunds or Alumacans for the same price.Their motto was”No fo-fo”,free of wood/carpet/plastic.

Not sure why they quit building the fishing boats,and never seen one up for sale used.

3Rivers

If you are looking for this type of boat, I would recommend taking a look at KingFisher as well. I love mine!

AK Guy

When I saw the first Lake Assault boat at a sport show, I talked to the owner and told him his boat looked like the Willie boats that are made in Central Point Oregon. He said he wanted to retail Willie Boats in Minnesota but they weren’t interested in doing that. He decided to build his own instead. Not nearly the same quality as a Willie and not the right hull design for big water walleye fisherman.

wayne lindstrom

I have a 23 ft lake assault in international falls mn it is built strong.. no wood

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.