Ladderstand Hoist System Product Review

• Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I bought the Ameristep Ladderstand installation Hoist System and have put up 2 stands with it and in my opinion i thought it worked very well. The first stand was a 20′ (to the platform) I did have a buddy along just in case it didn’t work.I mounted the winch to the tree with the ratchet strap that came with it, which was just barely enough to get around the tree, i put the tether strap on the 3 rung down from the platform which is what was recomended for a stand that tall and connected the winch strap to the tether strap. I didn’t use the ground swivel pegs that slide into the bottom section of the ladder which prevent the stand from sliding towards the tree. As i started to winch up the stand it immediately started to slide so i had my buddy keep pressure on the bottom rung and i started to winch it up again the winch strap started to travel in the gears so i backed it off and tried again this time guiding the the strap with my right hand and cranking with my left.I winched it through some branches to a the point where all i had to do was push it the rest of the way making sure it was not going to miss the tree and it was up. The 2nd stand i was alone and i used the ground swivel pegs and i bought a longer strap to go around the tree and put it up myself worked pretty darn slick i thought and with very little effort I’d give it a 4 outta 5 star rating because of 1 the short strap that holds the winch, the strap that comes with it is 6′, 2 the winch mounting bracket will shift a little when you start winching and 3 where you attach the handle to the winch it will hit the ratchet strap a little modification will take care of that. I am really happy with this purchase and only bought this brand because it was $50.00 cheaper than the 30-06 brand which is called the 2nd Man Ladderstand Positiong System

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Dam i thought i posted this in the hunting forum

sktrwx2200

I still found it……. thanks for the good review. Ill check it out.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks for the review. Hanging stands is a dangerous activity.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Dam i thought i posted this in the hunting forum

You did!!!

Mark

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

How much was it? The bigger ladder stands are a bich to put up with 2 people much less 1. Thanks for the review.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I bought mine on line through Gander Mtn it was $50.00 Sportmans Guide is a little cheaper

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.