Labor Day Trip (Where to go)

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thanks B-man, trolling will be my last choice, but if we have to so be it.

Carter don’t worry I will be able to figure out which rocks are the good ones, I mean there marked right? whistling

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I would pick Rainy over both Vermillion and Kab. Great fishing and scenery and many lodging options.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I would pick Rainy over both Vermillion and Kab. Great fishing and scenery and many lodging options.

Thanks crossin, it is on the list for sure! Maybe it will be next years trip.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just booked for the 15th 16th 17th and 18th. So if I can’t make it up labor day I’ll at least have a closer report

dirtywater

Thanks B-man, trolling will be my last choice, but if we have to so be it.

Sorry to derail but a side question:
    I always wonder when I read someone say they dislike trolling, but that they plan to pull Lindy rigs. What is it about rigging that you prefer over trolling cranks? I find the 2 to be pretty similar but tend to fits more success long-lining cranks.

Ripjiggen

Holding the rod. Feeling the strike. Setting the hook. Fighting the fish boat side. Working structure more methodically.
    Don’t get me wrong there is definately a place for trolling cranks and can be very effective.

dirtywater

Holding the rod. Feeling the strike. Setting the hook. Fighting the fish boat side. Working structure more methodically.
    Don’t get me wrong there is definately a place for trolling cranks and can be very effective.

I hold the rod when trolling, and I feel the strikes better than when I’m rigging with extra weight.

I’ll give you the hook set for sure, and the ability to work structure.

Reef W

I hold the rod when trolling

Really? I troll when I want to eat a sandwich and play with my phone… and maybe when I think I’ll catch something that way lol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

just booked for the 15th 16th 17th and 18th. So if I can’t make it up labor day I’ll at least have a closer report

Shoot I was looking forward to hanging out with you guys, but another time. Good luck and look forward to you report bud!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Really? I troll when I want to eat a sandwich and play with my phone… and maybe when I think I’ll catch something that way

Yeah I am about the same. Picked up the lead core to fish Peppin and other lakes were that is a thing. But to me its just boring. Something just feels different like Rip explained. I know it works but it’s probably the last thing I will do.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    just booked for the 15th 16th 17th and 18th. So if I can’t make it up labor day I’ll at least have a closer report

Shoot I was looking forward to hanging out with you guys, but another time. Good luck and look forward to you report bud!

I’m still planning on getting up there for labor day

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I’m still planning on getting up there for labor day

Sweet! I see I rear your post wrong. Sounds good.

B-man

When I troll those shallow rock humps it’s still fun waytogo

Rod in hand, short leads, line in and out to tickle the rocks, then neutral when a fish is hooked.

It’s a lot different than running a 10 rod spread with copper/riggers/dipsys/boards all in rod holders lol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I think the problem was we did a lot of trolling when I was little with my dad for pike and I found it boring and preferred throwing for bass at the time. It is fun when they hit and you have to pole in your hand. I know it’s about covering water also which it’s hard to argue there is no better way to do that.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.