Kicker motor

• Gilgetter

I have been trying to gather info about putting a small gas kicker on my Alumacraft Comp 165. I thought about going with a 6 HP Suzuki to match my big motor. These motors are not true kickers like the Merc or Yamaha kickers. I wanted to utilize the motor mostly for long days of trolling cranks in the summer. There are also times when I would like to take it off. Are you guys that are running small gas motors just using the clamps to attach to your boat or are you bolting them to the boat? I have read some stuff about people just clamping them having them jump off. Since I want to remove it at times I’d like to steer clear of having it bolted on if possible.

tim hurley

I have a beautiful long shaft Suzuki I would give you a deal on.

klang

I have a Yamaha kicker just clamped on. I put a heavy duty cable tie between the 2 holes in the handles on the clamps so they can not turn any. Never had any trouble in 4 years.

Gilgetter

I have a beautiful long shaft Suzuki I would give you a deal on.

Shoot me a pm with the details

Mike m

I have a 9.9 Honda for a kicker . Clamped on so it can be removed , havnt had any issues in 8 yrs of use

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

You could always use one of these locks if you’re worried about clamps loosening. It’d help deter theft, too.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20210130-161214_Chrome.jpg

Vagabond
    Minneapolis, MN

That’s what I used for years, works great.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I use a transom plate my plate screws to the transom and has indentations where the clamp for my T8 fits into. Two things I like about this is my kicker never moves from the correct position and never leaves a mark on my transom, I also use one on my big motor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.