kicker fuel line connection

• 692fisherman
    champlin mn

has anyone ever rigged a 619 with a kicker? my question Is where are they getting there fuel from? is it “tee’d” in to the big motor fuel line after the main/aux fuel valve on the boat.

im putting a kicker on a boat that never had one… the boat has a main fuel tank and an aux tank from what I know (theres 2 fuel fill caps). but from what I can tell is that the aux tank acts like a reserve tank just in case you run out of fuel.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

If you have a fuel/water separator you can tie into an extra outlet port
    on that.

This is what I did on my last boat and didn’t have any issues.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

A quick call to ranger customer service should give you the answer. My Lund prov’s gas tank has two fuel pick ups, one for the main motor and one for the kicker. I simply ran a fuel line following the main line to the fuel shut off plate where it comes through the gunnel at the stern.

fishspike

My 619 is “T” at the big motor. I donot have an aux tank

692fisherman
    champlin mn

fishspike, does your boat have the fuel switch vale on the rear starboard corner?

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

T’s will work just fine. My kicker came rigged from rapid sports T’ed off of the main motor. Two different opti mechanics said it “could cause problems”. The second one gave me the fuel line if I bought the two connections needed. It was about a 45 minuet job to rig it right. I would think that your gas tank would also have the second fuel pick up. If it does, you need the connection for the tank and the connection that goes through the gunnel and fuel line.

692fisherman
    champlin mn

update, I was able to contact ranger and they said that the proper way to plumb the fuel in the boat is to use the second, unused fuel pick up fitting on top of the main fuel tank and run another line to the kicker motor….just an fyi for people…

its a 2000 dual counsel 619 ranger, 200 opti and a t8 Yamaha kicker

692fisherman
    champlin mn

another update! took the boat apart, there was not another/extra fuel pick in the tank. guy from ranger was wrong……ended up “tee” in to the aux tank line in front of the switch vale to element the slight chance of sucking air in the fuel line to the big motor through the carb of the kicker. just have to make sure the aux tank is full

fishspike

Sorry so late. No it does not have a switch

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.