Keel crack repair

• isu22andy

04 Crestliner developed a crack in the keel in the bow this weekend . Has a small leak…. Can it be welded back to a factory look ? This happened directly across from where it happened 5 years back and was welded as well . Welder at that time didn’t do the best weld… but whatever it’s holding .. would like for someone to grind it down and rework it or plate over them both . Any suggestions twin cities area or Rochester pool 4 area to have it welded back up ? Thanks

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1096-scaled.jpeg

walleyesforme

I can’t offer any suggestions on where to bring it but someone should be able to make it good as new. This spring some friends of ours hit a log with a year old lund. I figured it was totaled for sure but after he brought it in and got it looked at it was only like $7k worth of damage. It’s pretty amazing what some talented people can do. I’ve heard of a few other Crestliners cracking in that same place. For whatever reason it must be a weak point. I’ve been keeping an eye on mine for a while now as we often beach it on rocks, gravel and sand and it gets a whoopin on that keel.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Get it welded and put a keel guard on it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.