Kare 11 Website for News

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Anyone else visit this site regularly? They seem to be going off the rails more and more lately. Any other online local news outlet recommendations?

CaptainMusky

I dont peruse the local stations much because I think they have all gone off the rails.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I dont peruse the local stations much because I think they have all gone off the rails.

100% agree!

News is just opinions now days and I could care less what they think. I sometime watch the weather but usually I use my app.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Kare 11’s website is the absolute worse with all the pop up ads they have and how clunky it is when you click on different articles.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Have you ever tried to count how many times NPR mentions “climate change” in 15 minutes. I’ve run out of fingers and toes!

NPR just in the last couple of days, announced my new mental disorder… it’s called “Climate Stress”. I’m going through my policies now to see if this is a workers comp claim.

big_g
    Isle, MN

All the “informational entertainment” on History also is pushing the “climate change” rhetoric. Everybody knows the climate is changing, it always has… don’t know who they blamed it on before modern man but that is the narrative now, for the rich to become richer. Deadliest Catch, Alaska the Last Frontier, Life below zero… all are plugging climate change, like we can stop it…? Man is so naive’… and so are women for that matter. coffee

ThunderLund78

I usually steer away from these topics, but I’m guessing people who experience “Climate Stress” aren’t actually stressed because of the climate, but because they willingly listen to these people talk day-in and day-out about the impending doom in the offing – and even worse, that they’re told it’s their fault. I guess if I had ANY confidence that these people were objective and honest, I’d be stressed to.

Good thing for the Climate-stressed population that the commercial break between dire updates are usually for anti-anxiety meds… and that’s NOT a coincidence.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Have you ever tried to count how many times NPR mentions “climate change” in 15 minutes. I’ve run out of fingers and toes!

NPR just in the last couple of days, announced my new mental disorder… it’s called “Climate Stress”. I’m going through my policies now to see if this is a workers comp claim.

I usually steer away from these topics, but I’m guessing people who experience “Climate Stress” aren’t actually stressed because of the climate, but because they willingly listen to these people talk day-in and day-out about the impending doom in the offing – and even worse, that they’re told it’s their fault. I guess if I had ANY confidence that these people were objective and honest, I’d be stressed to.

Good thing for the Climate-stressed population that the commercial break between dire updates are usually for anti-anxiety meds… and that’s NOT a coincidence.

Exactly. Made me think of this NPR article linked below. The headline sums it up. Do you think these kids are freaked out due to their own personal experiences with climate? Or, by what they are taught and see on the news? Makes me sick.
    Young People Are Anxious About Climate Change

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Now there is a fact!

A couple months ago I sat down to watch the news on tv. Actually I watched the commercials. All these prime time (expensive) slots were taken up by this drug or that drug. “Ask your doctor about _____”

Willingly? Well I guess I could go back to talking to myself. I did have a little sense at one time.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Not to forget about Mikey….

I use KSTP but more for weather/radar then the news unless I’m looking for info on a current event.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Some of the local watering holes are very reliable news sources. And you get to interact with the reporters telling the stories.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

They have one of the most obvious biases of our online news sources. Don’t even hide it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

It is quite puzzling ? Lately, start paying attention, if you hear a lot of commercials about a “drug” that will treat “Deep Vein Thrombosis”… which can be deadly.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I have a friend that works for Kare 11, and they have virtually no say over what is “news”. They have a corporate news director who assigns different stories out, and they write them. I’ve tried giving him some leads, and he just laughs and says it will never happen. Even as a follow up to his previous stories. Or if it has anything tribal related, they won’t touch it unless told to.

hgsivu
    Mesa AZ

Check out “Ground News” in the App Store. On National & International news it gives you the option of looking at the different takes from the far left to the far right. It’s amazing how one story can look so different just by someone’s personal political position. Both sides. Not picking on the left or right. Can be interesting reading, truthful, not so sure…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have a friend that works for Kare 11, and they have virtually no say over what is “news”. They have a corporate news director who assigns different stories out, and they write them. I’ve tried giving him some leads, and he just laughs and says it will never happen. Even as a follow up to his previous stories. Or if it has anything tribal related, they won’t touch it unless told to.

That makes sense. They lost their individuality and more often than not mimic msm.

iowa_josh

The Iowa news is the same. They put out the press releases so they don’t have to do any work and tell me I am going to die and then I close the page.

Mike

So, what news sources do you guys recommend?

munchy
    NULL

A lot of the safety/crime related news I get from a few Facebook pages. Most notably MN Crime and Minnesota Public Safety Monitoring. There are a few others as well. However following these pages you get information that would never make it to any news broadcast or article. It will open your eyes to how much actually happens.

Mike m

Thats a good question. Lots of bashing of “the media” , I’m betting most people listen to the “news” that feeds into what they already believe . Any other is obviously fake news .

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike wrote:</div>

Thats a good question. Lots of bashing of “the media” , I’m betting most people listen to the “news” that feeds into what they already believe . Any other is obviously fake news .

Correct

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No, most people listen to it all then try to figure it out. Ultimately each of us must come to our own conclusions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I get my news and information right here baby!!! Most reliable source of gossip I know of!!! toast

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So, what news sources do you guys recommend? [/quote

I go to the channel (anchors(s)) that I like. They need to be easy to look at and have a nice voice to listen to. There isn’t one station in the country that can form my opinion. I’m able to think on my own, I don’t need to be led around by the nose and told whats what.

munchy
    NULL

And I’m betting you’re believing your news that’s feeding you the narrative that the border patrol was whipping illegal aliens.

Mike m

You would lose that bet

Mike

Welp, here’s a website for folks concerned about facts:

KARE11

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I choose to make news, not watch it. rotflol

In all seriousness we very rarely watch any news anymore. Other than certain events where facts are pretty obvious such as leaving Afghanistan it’s just a big bowl of narrative spaghetti and a waste of my time and energy.

LabDaddy1

Wasn’t it a higher-up at CNN who, pretty recently, got busted on a hidden microphone saying something like, “our goal during trump’s entire presidency was to do anything we could to slander him and get him out of office because he’s in our way. The next topic on our agenda that we will be pushing heavily is climate change”?

Pretty sure this was a thing.

If you want, do a search for it. But google tends to really censor search results on convenient topics/keywords, so I’d recommend using DuckDuckGo or another similar “private” browser.

Edit: read/watch this: https://metrovoicenews.com/cnn-employee-admits-to-propaganda-during-election-says-climate-change-is-next/

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.