K drll cordless mud mixer

• cass

Hello I have been thinking about trying a mud mixer drill on my k drill. Have any of you guys tried that? The one that I was thinking about is DeWalt DCD240B Flexvolt 60V Max Dual Handle Paddle Mixer.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Never seen it. But it’s a sweet idea. If I had one I’d try it

ld123456

I know someone that has a similar setup and works great, but his is a milwaukee mud mixer

bigpike

I have a bud with the Milwaukee mud mixer on his and it’s quite impressive.

hnd

i’ve read they don’t quite meet the specifications and some guys have issues. That said it seems perfect ergonomically. I know other guys use holehawgs too. when it comes to use outside ice fishing a holehawg would be much more useful.

Tuffy

I have one with a 6” k-drill, works great if not better than the hammer drill.

@tony6

I’ve been using the mud mixer for 2nd season now along with my brother with the regular fuel drill. I chose the mud mixer for alittle more torque for a 8” kdrill. I’ve called Milwaukee they won’t say on the torque but it’s more. Also with a clam plate. (You just flip the plate with the c on it the opposite way than the instructions say) We’re both using a 6” laser for panfish and the time it takes to drill a hole is the same. The mud mixer is alittle heavier if your chasin panfish and drilling 300 holes a day. The only issue I’ve ever had is
    That it stops if it’s a warm day and your drilling 20 holes in a row. It’s a safety feature so ya can’t burn it up. That had only happened to me once though. Ya just have to wait cple minutes and it’ll work again. And I took the spinning handle off cause it’s just in the way on the clam plate.

404 ERROR
    MN

No idea about the Dewalt mixer, but here is what K-drill has to say about the Milwaukee mixer. I know some say it works fine, but I would much rather listen to the mfg…

Straight from K-drills website:

“Milwaukee Mud Mixer was tried by several members of our field test staff with similar results by all. Final Results: The heavier Milwaukee Mud Mixer did not have a high enough current load or temp setting to work with the 8 inch K-Drill and would continuously shut down after 2-3 holes. The standard 2703-20 drill far out-performed the Mud Mixer in all of our testing. Until Milwaukee makes some changes to the control circuit in the the Mud Mixer I would be certain it could be returned for a standard 2703-20 or 2803-20 hand drill.”

Brady Valberg

Buddy uses the Milwaukee mudd mixer and has zero issues with it shutting down on him…easily cut 100 holes the 1 day probably 10-15 at a time

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.